News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

SkyriseEdmonton (Site & Forum Discussions and Issues)

+10

I've missed this piece so much as well, and over the past year (or 2) have wished it could resume. What an incredible resource it had been (will be?).
Dave was stellar and put so much passion into consistent & excellent content - then 2019 happened as it did...

The Urban Toronto site has kept on with that original format though, (news, top discussions, photos and whatnot) over the past few years. None of the other Skyrise sites have I believe.
Maybe it's time for a few SR Ed formers to start the party and discuss/creat that format again?
Your onto something MCXavierL me thinks, thank you !
I'd contribute or submit content/pics when I could to an "editor" or whomever could quarterback the daily/weekly news.
There has to be a dozen or more formers that would be excellent.
It would be great to see this daily news portion of the site start up again, however that might transpire.
Admin, us, make it so. : )

+10

I've missed this piece so much as well, and over the past year (or 2) have wished it could resume. What an incredible resource it had been (will be?).
Dave was stellar and put so much passion into consistent & excellent content - then 2019 happened as it did...

The Urban Toronto site has kept on with that original format though, (news, top discussions, photos and whatnot) over the past few years. None of the other Skyrise sites have I believe.
Maybe it's time for a few SR Ed formers to start the party and discuss/creat that format again?
Your onto something MCXavierL me thinks, thank you !
I'd contribute or submit content/pics when I could to an "editor" or whomever could quarterback the daily/weekly news.
There has to be a dozen or more formers that would be excellent.
It would be great to see this daily news portion of the site start up again, however that might transpire.
Admin, us, make it so. : )
Not sure if anyone follows Situate’s emails, but they do an awesome format of pre council and post council updates regarding development applications. They skim over the boring ones and then gives details to the unique or interesting ones. It’s a nice biweekly round up!

I wouldn’t hate a format like that where say, every month, a newsletter that highlights progress on some of the major projects and shared news of new proposals and such. Handful of pics and small blurbs.

Not sure if anyone follows Situate’s emails, but they do an awesome format of pre council and post council updates regarding development applications. They skim over the boring ones and then gives details to the unique or interesting ones. It’s a nice biweekly round up!
That's actually super cool. Here's the link to subscribe if anyone else is interested.

Yes... I was about to call my service provider and give'em hell -- saved me a phone call @Gronk! Downloading Graphics is particularly bad (I blame the ninnified Nabobs of negativism for taking up way too much space).

I haven't had any issues until today where the site has been near unusable.

Yes... I was about to call my service provider and give'em hell -- saved me a phone call @Gronk! Downloading Graphics is particularly bad (I blame the ninnified Nabobs of negativism for taking up way too much space).
now, now… disagreeing with you doesn’t necessarily make people “ninnified Nabobs of negativism” (whatever that means).

maybe the faq page should include a dictionary of architedisms? :)

Last edited:
I did that and it does show up when I'm not signed in, on any browser, but the moment I sign in it disappears again. Weird.
Hm, are you watching that thread? Up at the top, you can click watch/unwatch. I'm not sure what else it would be.

Back