News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Rossdale

All other things aside, I'd like to see the city rethink the awkward almost-interchange that exists as a vestigial portion of the METS plan. Ideally this would involve eliminating the frankly baffling system of slip-roads and splits for a more rationalised and conventional road system, and a partial restoration of the original grid pattern.

How this is not what we have there right now still baffles me.
ottawa-renewal-albert-island-zibi-rendering-20160126.jpg

^^ ^^^ ^^^^

it's pretty easy to figure out why on this one... half of it is in ontario, half of it is in quebec, all of it is within the confines of the national capital commission and it's all swimming in federal dollars.

the forks in winnipeg benefitted from multi-million in federal tax dollars including about $100 million last year alone for "covid-19" support.

i think granville island got about $20 million in "covid-19" support as well but it's also been the beneficiary of hundreds of millions in federal and provincial dollars going back to 1972 - everything from federal money for environmental cleanup to provincial funding of emily carr college and joint funding for arts and theatre and waterfront/pier improvements.

This has probably been brought up before, but my one extreme wish for Rossdale is that it needs an Urban Canal (lol) that ties in to "Touch" The Water Promenade/Funicular Pathway/Gondola.
Use cases for all seasons.
Skating/biking/walking amenity.
Developments tied in to the area.
Zone to allow for patios of all sizes.
Tree lined pathways.
Small bridges (feel the romance).
Small boats allowed
Locks for access to N. Sask.

Back