News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Regional Transit

No stops in Nisku even though 4 BRT lines cross through it. But same as Acheson, ridership is likely low.

^^ I think Acheson could also be served.
@Gronk!

Acheson is part of Parkland County, and Nisku is in Leduc County. Both were involved with the original businesses case, but withdrew before the EMTSC was formed. So these areas can't be included with the initial route plan as the EMTSC would include other member municipalities; they need to be engaged with as external partners, like Strathcona County.

Regarding these regional routes, is there an planned minimum level of service? I haven't been following the plan in detail, but I can't help but worry they'd plan out all these routes and then you end up with 45m headway that's mostly useless anyways.

Last edited:
Regarding these regional routes, is there an planned minimum level of service? I haven't been following the plant in detail, but I can't help but worry they'd plan out all these routes and then you end up with 45m headway that's mostly useless anyways.
You can see the proposed frequency for each route (minus the airport express) in this document; each route has its own slide, starting on page 13.

30 peak and 60 off-peak if I remember correctly from the meeting. What really bothers me is you've got regional transit planning to go ahead with this AND you've got city council asking ETS about creating a route from downtown to the airport. They're not at cross-purposes, but they certainly don't seem to be working together yet.

30 peak and 60 off-peak if I remember correctly from the meeting. What really bothers me is you've got regional transit planning to go ahead with this AND you've got city council asking ETS about creating a route from downtown to the airport. They're not at cross-purposes, but they certainly don't seem to be working together yet.
Huh ... go figure. Maybe the City trying to save money that would have otherwise flowed to the Regional system? I do not understand why the Regional system has to provide a bus instead of the City. Edmonton is across the highway from EIA and certainly could run a bus there cheaper than the Regional system - oh wait on second thought maybe not.

Might be a dumb question but will the buses serving these routes have a unique bus design and logo or just running with what’s in fleets for now?

The West routes are 100% paid for by the city, as well as the North route. Page 26 of the presentation gives an overview.

Huh ... go figure. Maybe the City trying to save money that would have otherwise flowed to the Regional system? I do not understand why the Regional system has to provide a bus instead of the City. Edmonton is across the highway from EIA and certainly could run a bus there cheaper than the Regional system - oh wait on second thought maybe not.
If both ETS and the regional agency run service to YEG, that means more total frequency, which is all good in my books. I agree though that it seems like a lack of coordination between the two agencies. I wonder if Councilor Stevenson considered that when she proposed the ETS service.

If both ETS and the regional agency run service to YEG, that means more total frequency, which is all good in my books. I agree though that it seems like a lack of coordination between the two agencies. I wonder if Councilor Stevenson considered that when she proposed the ETS service.
I think there is little doubt she did. And perhaps your right it was to increase frequency.

I'd hope that whatever ends up happening that things are offset such that you do not have to wait more than 15mins.... 30 off peak for otherwise most will take a cab or find another way in.

Ideally things run on the 0-15-30-45 so you know that there will always be something during core hours.

Back