DP for demo and new build at 11425 124 Street:

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 495106151-002
Description:Construction of (a) new building(s), Demolition
Plan RN46 Blk 22 Lot 15
Applicant:SPAN ARCHITECTURE INC
Create Date:2023/12/22
Neighbourhood:INGLEWOOD

Not sure if this one has a thread. But this is the Leston project on 103ave in Oliver.
5235C201-B529-4EBD-A5B9-7D40AC9710EF.jpeg

Wasn't there originally a multifamily proposal for this site? I celebrate disappearance of empty lots as well, but not if they're developed into what is essentially a modern gas station, which I assume will have extensive surface parking. We have enough surface parking in the core that can be retrofitted to accommodate EV charging without needing to use lots that have a lot more potential like this one.

Wasn't there originally a multifamily proposal for this site? I celebrate disappearance of empty lots as well, but not if they're developed into what is essentially a modern gas station, which I assume will have extensive surface parking. We have enough surface parking in the core that can be retrofitted to accommodate EV charging without needing to use lots that have a lot more potential like this one.

Multifamily site is just south of this. (Another empty lot disappearing!)

From what I can see, this is going to be like a pseudo Rec Room with an indoor trampoline park area, playground, bowling lanes, restaurant, arcade and batting cages on the roof (it's also a DER special!):

1704492942337.png

1704492967177.png

From what I can see, this is going to be like a pseudo Rec Room with an indoor trampoline park area, playground, bowling lanes, restaurant, arcade and batting cages on the roof (it's also a DER special!):

View attachment 531677

View attachment 531678
Near the old “Bullwinkles,” why can’t they just re-incarnate that place instead?

We really need to start requiring parking lots be located behind the building at the very least.
Yeah, the development looks rough. I'd be fine with a simple LVT that would most likely solve the problem for us without coming off as "anti-car".

Back