News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

The EDC report says the existing rectory building isn't structurally fit for a residence, but I really, really hope that doesn't mean it will be torn down. Beautiful building, would be a shame to see it go.

The EDC report says the existing rectory building isn't structurally fit for a residence, but I really, really hope that doesn't mean it will be torn down. Beautiful building, would be a shame to see it go.
Yes, that was my first concern too looking at the picture. The new building seems to be located to the west of that, so hopefully it will not require or lead to the existing one, which is a very nice historical building, being torn down.

Yes, that was my first concern too looking at the picture. The new building seems to be located to the west of that, so hopefully it will not require or lead to the existing one, which is a very nice historical building, being torn down.
Agreed. The existing building is in the drawings still in the report, but not in the rendering it looks like (though that could, hopefully, just be an oversight)

B&A

Project Approval Spotlight: Edgeway Phase 2 We're thrilled to share the green light for Edgeway Phase 2, a beacon of community growth in Malmo Plains! Here's a closer look at the dream team that made it happen:

375 New Purpose-Built Rental Homes
Project Owner: Westcorp
Approved Zoning: April 2023
Approved Development Permit: October 2023

B&A Studios and a team of outstanding project consultants supported Westcorp in driving forward a direct control rezoning, community engagement, and development permit application, bringing much-needed infill housing to Malmo Plains in Edmonton. This visionary residential development includes 375 purpose-built rental homes and a wealth of amenities across three six and seven-storey street-oriented buildings.

A heartfelt shoutout to Westcorp, Planworks Architects, WSP, Aptus Engineering, and Eagle Builders for their expertise and dedication. Stay tuned for more project approval spotlights! #EdgewayPhase2 #CommunityDevelopment

https://www.linkedin.com/company/ba...age:d_flagship3_feed;OKYI+S95Q56AmXMr/8aLdw==

Glad they are finally building that medical centre. I use to live behind it and it was an ugly empty lot. Use to be a gas station I believe.
This one is on the south side of the ave, just across from the lot I believe you're thinking of. This building is just beside the Jiffy Lube, and was a Crystal Glass before. The one that was proposed on the north lot that was a gas station (right beside K&K) is still a big empty grass lot.

This one is on the south side of the ave, just across from the lot I believe you're thinking of. This building is just beside the Jiffy Lube, and was a Crystal Glass before. The one that was proposed on the north lot that was a gas station (right beside K&K) is still a big empty grass lot.
Oh... too bad.

At least the south side of the street here is filling in nicely a bit more. IDK if anything is happening with that old gas station lot on the north side, I believe that remains an issue.

Back