News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

I was doing some nosing around in Woodcroft and notice that the Brentwood Homes multifamily complex on 114 Ave and 135 St in Woodcroft is scheduled for a complete rebuild starting next year. Their project page shows that they are set for public consultations and provides some graphics for the build out starting late '24. Really exciting stuff for this area around the Westmount mall with the hospital build happening too and the zillions of infill going on in Inglewood. The bad news is current residents having to move, i hope they are being looked after, but considering the really long timelines i suspect they will be shuffling locations in the complex. Looks to be some nice healthy density and additional affordable units added to a great area.

View attachment 511286View attachment 511287
There’s a thread:

IMG_7120.jpeg

Can across this one on our bike ride

View attachment 511874
Can across this one on our bike ride
I walk by this all the time! North Glenora is a pretty cool neighborhood for new projects. Not sure if this one is gonna have commercial anymore though, and it'd be sad if it didn't cause it's on like the main corner of the neighborhood and could really activate the area.

Before Retail can activate an area, people have to activate Retail. Amazon on-line now controls just short of 50% of all Retail sales in North America. I get the convenience of ordering from one's phone but if one really misses the bricks-and-mortar experience then one ought to take responsibility for the lack of "street shopping". Retail is trying to adapt but from the retailer's perspective having an online presence is far less expensive than renting street retail space.

Before Retail can activate an area, people have to activate Retail. Amazon on-line now controls just short of 50% of all Retail sales in North America. I get the convenience of ordering from one's phone but if one really misses the bricks-and-mortar experience then one ought to take responsibility for the lack of "street shopping". Retail is trying to adapt but from the retailer's perspective having an online presence is far less expensive than renting street retail space.
Yes, although I think in the future successful retailers can and should do both. This might mean smaller physical stores, which also serve as pick up locations for on line orders (not everyone can or wants to hang around at home all day waiting for deliveries, trundle down to the post office or sometimes far away courier depot for missed deliveries).

Yes, although I think in the future successful retailers can and should do both. This might mean smaller physical stores, which also serve as pick up locations for on line orders (not everyone can or wants to hang around at home all day waiting for deliveries, trundle down to the post office or sometimes far away courier depot for missed deliveries).
That’s why Amazon has lockers as an option for delivery. There is for example a bank of them in the Matrix Hotel lobby. You choose which location you want delivery to including lockers. Amazon continues to add lockers in Edmonron and pay businesses to host them. If I had a coffee shop I would want lockers to generate traffic and coffee sales and get $ from Amazon.

A store might stuggle here for sure, but I was thinking a cafe or restaurant which would 100% draw people in

That’s why Amazon has lockers as an option for delivery. There is for example a bank of them in the Matrix Hotel lobby. You choose which location you want delivery to including lockers. Amazon continues to add lockers in Edmonron and pay businesses to host them. If I had a coffee shop I would want lockers to generate traffic and coffee sales and get $ from Amazon.
Yes, good idea. I thought I noticed some in Southgate Mall too, ironically.

Back