News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

Rice Howard Place/Scotia Plaza is the single largest building on RHW with two frontages (north and east) so this podium reno is going to make a HUGE difference to the look, feel and funcition of the area. The frontages along 101 St. and Jasper Ave. will also be renovated so those streetscapes will be vastly improved as well. I'm pumped if this starts construction later this year or early next.

Opening things up onto RHW will be a positive step forward, but the design leaves A LOT to be desired.

Elegance to kinda tacky if you ask me... but reflects the tower's changes I suppose.
Elegance? Hardly lol

10143-101-St-NW-Google-Maps.png
10050-Jasper-Ave-Google-Maps.png
10143-Rice-Howard-Wy-Google-Maps.png
10135-Rice-Howard-Wy-Google-Maps.png

This is a big win for Downtown if it happens. Take the W

Peel off the partial facade reno from a few years ago and put that glass back on like it was when it opened and I would say it was quite elegant.

That said, I am 100% supportive of the plan to open things up onto RHW.

Probably 5-6 more towers possible at least, and a few more 4 story buildings behind Westblock, next to the church, etc.

Does this area appeal a lot more than Oliver though? And will strong development here mean SPR west of 149st lags for decades? I feel like we have more TOD potential than we can possibly fill the next 15 years haha.

Back