News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

As in, a YEG 3, 4, 5 & 6?

I wonder where--probably another in Leduc near the airport, maybe one around Aurum to support Strathcona/Fort Sk/everywhere east of Edmonton, maybe another near St Albert?
I would expect Aurum would be next. Can't see anywhere else. But the 2 new ones in Calgary are pretty close to each other in the SE. I saw them from the freeway a few weeks back.

Don't expect post-secondary school funding from a post-secondary school dropout Premier (i.e. U of A, MacEwan U., NAIT, Athabasca U., Concordia U., etc.)

I see UofA got $56million for Dentistry and that was only Edmonton school to receive funding.
Different story down south.
UofC - $59million
SAIT - $41million
Mount Royal U - $45million

One of the largest budget items was $474million for Calgary flood mitigation in 2022 and $744million overall.

I see UofA got $56million for Dentistry and that was only Edmonton school to receive funding.
Different story down south.
UofC - $59million
SAIT - $41million
Mount Royal U - $45million

One of the largest budget items was $474million for Calgary flood mitigation in 2022 and $744million overall.
And that's just to finish up construction in 2023. $0 of new infrastructure funding for Edmonton PSIs in 2024 and 2025.

And that's just to finish up construction in 2023. $0 of new infrastructure funding for Edmonton PSIs in 2024 and 2025.
It's entirely punitive at this point--not sure how the gov't can even say otherwise.

Don't expect post-secondary school funding from a post-secondary school dropout Premier (i.e. U of A, MacEwan U., NAIT, Athabasca U., Concordia U., etc.)
Yeah he really has it in for education, except for maybe private/religious schools, like the one he went to but actually didn't complete his studies in.

The cuts to health care get talked about a lot, but actually he has consistently cut education funding by much more than health care funding over the last few years.

Unfortunately, increased tuition and reduced post secondary education quality (due to the budget cuts) have led a lot of young people to leave Alberta over the last few years. Now the economy is recovering and they are wondering why there seems to be a shortage of skilled workers. Duh.

I couldn't get a decent photo of it from across the street, but the Canada Permanent Building has an interior now? like, i could see finished drywall on all three floors through the windows, and a chandelier in the foyer at the door. do we know what's going in there yet? it looked like all three floors were done.
Idk, I thought it was derelict inside? very surprised/happy about this!

I couldn't get a decent photo of it from across the street, but the Canada Permanent Building has an interior now? like, i could see finished drywall on all three floors through the windows, and a chandelier in the foyer at the door. do we know what's going in there yet? it looked like all three floors were done.
Idk, I thought it was derelict inside? very surprised/happy about this!

It had been brought back to structure after Japanese Village left and then suffered a sewer backup in the basement. The main and second floor were basically ready for fit up/T.I.s , with the front foyer probably the most progressed.

Back