News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Miscellaneous

It's been great seeing little projects like that proposed/built out in Old Strathcona. Goes to show this area is still the premier destination in the city and that people want to live, work and enjoy the surrounding amenities.

It's been great seeing little projects like that proposed/built out in Old Strathcona. Goes to show this area is still the premier destination in the city and that people want to live, work and enjoy the surrounding amenities.
If the actual resembles the picture, that would be really nice too. I like the brick and stone, it looks very good and the size will fit in the area well.

Would have hoped for something more ambitious than a renovation for this corner, but it'll certainly be a big improvement regardless.
Looking at that, I would agree. Beef it up with 5 floors of residential for student housings on top would have been cooled. A good way to activate that corner IMO.

Came across this today when I had to go to Blatchford. The old car park.
PXL_20221212_183312376.jpg

It was being utilized off and on over the last few years. I have seen vehicles parked there at times. But finally knocking it down is good.
Indeed although it's too bad it couldn't have been swapped for a chunk of parking lot around the hotel for example. Either way progress is happening slowly but surely for the area.

I'm still shocked those sites were developed.

Back