5.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.8K     0 

Miscellaneous

Gronk!

Member Bio
Reaction score
Year 4 or 5.
Surely the Chateau Lacombe will finish their renovation before this decade is over?

20220927_112850.jpg

Airboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
The new Paul Kane High school. Is getting closer. But it still sounds like January turn over.

The Fountain Park pool next door was supposed to have a reno completed by next month but issues with structure prolonged it, Not the City felt that moving into Phase 2 now was better so the facility is closed until sometime next summer.

PK2.jpg
PK1.jpg

mcr

Member Bio
Reaction score
Embarrassing/telling?

I know that they had an issue with the supplier, but come on now... it's some aluminum panelling and glass.
Hell, at this point if they truly can't get the panels somehow (doubtful) just paint the remaining sections to at least make it look somewhat finished! 😅

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't, but if I had to guess it would be the lower level space that has had a design shop, woodworking company, among others. It's very unique space and great potential for the right tenant.

Greenspace

Member Bio
Reaction score
Londonderry Mall updates:
Save-On Foods is closed, a No Frills is opening in its place in December.
Sunrise Records has relocated to a bigger space near Simons.

View attachment 397198
Londonderry Hudson's Bay is closing next year. They are currently being sued by Oxford for non-payment of their lease. Half the second floor has been turned into a temporary clearance centre.

9 other stores in the mall are also closing soon. Simons future is in doubt if they can't renegotiate good terms next year.

MacLac

Member Bio
Reaction score
Londonderry Hudson's Bay is closing next year. They are currently being sued by Oxford for non-payment of their lease. Half the second floor has been turned into a temporary clearance centre.

9 other stores in the mall are also closing soon. Simons future is in doubt if they can't renegotiate good terms next year.
Hudson’s Bay who? The only time I walk into the one at Southgate is for new batteries for the many watches in my household. Which I’m told the watch repair shop brings in north of 350K/year for the store…..that’s probably enough to pay their rent for the year.