7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Misc. Transportation Projects

Construction in downtown Edmonton plays core role as City builds for future

The Northern line in London opens on Monday. This on Twitter
Looking at the Tube map it's only the western Northern Line's southern extension, the southbound eastern Northern Line just goes to Morden.

No. You've missed a point there. It should be in a former mobile library permanently parked outside. It would be the Battersea Power Station station stationary stationery station.

Looking at the Tube map it's only the western Northern Line's southern extension, the southbound eastern Northern Line just goes to Morden.

No. You've missed a point there. It should be in a former mobile library permanently parked outside. It would be the Battersea Power Station station stationary stationery station.
Huh?

Are you referring to Edmonton, London?

Not sure if this is the place for it, but noticed a minor thing. Looks like there are some trees being planted on the south side of Baseline Rd around 49th street, and some prep work for some in the median between 49 & 50th streets too. I'll never say no to more greenery!

This was posted on another forum around Nov 15. Someone on that forum had a brilliant idea to fix the dog's breakfast of roads east of the James MacDonald Bridge

1638567318469.png

The red light traffic circle at St. Albert Trail/118 Ave is probably the worst intersection in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned.
Either have a traffic circle or signals - not both.
That intersection is an unholy abomination, how did it end up like that in the first place?

i have no problems with it now. it runs better than most intersections in the area. but with the closing of 142 and 149st. that will change. i do remember when it was just a traffic circle. about the time the city wanted to remove them all.

The red light traffic circle at St. Albert Trail/118 Ave is probably the worst intersection in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned.
Either have a traffic circle or signals - not both.
That one isn't great, but the worst for me is the circle at 101 street and 118 avenue. It has awkward entrances/exits and requires you to change lanes within the circle because the number of lanes changes. It is awful.

That one isn't great, but the worst for me is the circle at 101 street and 118 avenue. It has awkward entrances/exits and requires you to change lanes within the circle because the number of lanes changes. It is awful.

Yes that one on 118 Ave and 101 st is definitely worse. I recall the city talking about removing that one, but not sure where that went though

i have no problems with it now. it runs better than most intersections in the area. but with the closing of 142 and 149st. that will change. i do remember when it was just a traffic circle. about the time the city wanted to remove them all.
Improve some, remove some, rebuild some.
We should have turbo roundabouts

Back