News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

LRT Safety

Time for folks to take back the streets, which might need some vigilante justice for these pieces of garbage.

I am so sick and tired of hearing of events like this where innocent individuals, especially those who are very young or older are getting jumped and robbed.

Infuriating and why so many have gone away from transit when commuting Downtown.

You have no idea how bad I want to be that “guy on the Churchill platform at 530am and pray to Gawd that these skid marks come at me.” Pull a move out of “Nobody” and wail on these pos’s.

What about the other day at the Avonmore stop…..didn't some Native kid push someone onto the tracks? Is that still a “Red Code” or whatever initiative for getting into their club?

I want impenetrable fare gates, and extremely strict security in the underground portion of the LRT system. Normal people don't deserve to be around this.

My buddy (who lives downtown) and I almost got in an altercation at 102nd stop on Saturday with some skid on a bike for no reason on his part. He's lucky, because we're both very sick of it, and would have taken our anger out on him.

At this point, how are armed guards at every station not a thing?

150k a year each, say you need 3 shifts a day per station, or 90 officers a day. 200 in the rotation enough then?

30mil. At this point, is the cost of cleaning, vandalism, healthcare, other security, etc not already crazy high?

You don’t even need to charge/process, etc. Just protect, intimidate, and keep out.

Same as encampments. I get it’s not a long term fix. But protect our most important areas.

Call in the freakin military and toss 2 soldiers at every station until we don’t see a violent attack for a year.

At this point, how are armed guards at every station not a thing?

150k a year each, say you need 3 shifts a day per station, or 90 officers a day. 200 in the rotation enough then?

30mil. At this point, is the cost of cleaning, vandalism, healthcare, other security, etc not already crazy high?

You don’t even need to charge/process, etc. Just protect, intimidate, and keep out.

Same as encampments. I get it’s not a long term fix. But protect our most important areas.

Call in the freakin military and toss 2 soldiers at every station until we don’t see a violent attack for a year.
This is what I’ve been saying too. European style, guard with a rifle at every station. It would solve the crime at transit stations instantly. I’d love to take my two year old on a train ride but I just can’t risk it.

Armed guards are not going to do a whole bunch to move the needle.

Fare gates, EPS patrols, zero tolerance paired with a 'take ETS' promotional campaign to inject more normalized use, more eyes on the street and more overall use at all times of the day.

Fare gates, EPS patrols, zero tolerance paired with a 'take ETS' promotional campaign to inject more normalized use, more eyes on the street and more overall use at all times of the day.
Why don’t we try it and find out? God knows everything else up to this point has failed. I was walking to breakfast last week. I walked along the new churchill station out side. Some one guy smoking crack inside our new connector and another guy smoking crack in one of the new out door shelter spaces. A guy with a rifle to move people along would work better than whatever the hell it is we are doing now

This is what I’ve been saying too. European style, guard with a rifle at every station. It would solve the crime at transit stations instantly. I’d love to take my two year old on a train ride but I just can’t risk it.
Yup. Same here. My two little boys want to go on a train ride but my wife and I have no desire to run into something while we do go.

Something needs to be done. Actual transit police needs to happen. Security guards can only do so much.

If he's just a random security guard, he might not make much of an impact, but as he said, throw in actual police officers or the bloody military, and I BET these mother%$^ers would steer clear. Do that while you implement other stuff (like the fare gates, etc, and start GRADUALLY easing on that as just having regular patrols.

A lot of the soft touches have been mostly unsuccessful so totally agree drastic changes are needed. Properly trained folks with riffles and the authority to move people along are a good option in this regard, also like the fare gates. As mentioned previously the court system is an issue and with this solution the problem potentially just gets moved elsewhere for the most part.

Back