News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.9K     0 

Legislature Annex

^Good question, but I don't think that anything has been made public about what's happening there? Maybe a war room bunker...

Man, looks so damn solid, lots of concrete in those floor beams, super thick lower floors and they reduce in mass as it rises, can't really see that in these shots though.
DSCN7980.JPG

DSCN7970 (2).JPG

"Before the decision was made to tear the building down, the province estimated the Annex Building required approximately $29 million in repairs and maintenance."
🐂
💩
What a failure by our leaders in Alberta Infrastructure.

So a complete rebuild... for that can't be more than 25-35mil in insured value.
sooo...

we could have spent 29 million and had a "25-35 mil in insured value" structure.

instead we're probably spending 10 million and rising to get a vacant piece of land we'll have to landscape.

so the net cost of that "25-35 mil in insured value" structure would only have been 19 million.

i'm pretty sure our npv cost of securing and occupying alternative space is a damn sight more than 19 million.

not only are we losing/have lost an important heritage structure, we're saving bupkis.

sooo...

we could have spent 29 million and had a "25-35 mil in insured value" structure.

instead we're probably spending 10 million and rising to get a vacant piece of land we'll have to landscape.

so the net cost of that "25-35 mil in insured value" structure would only have been 19 million.

i'm pretty sure our npv cost of securing and occupying alternative space is a damn sight more than 19 million.

not only are we losing/have lost an important heritage structure, we're saving bupkis.
How much lower could that $ value be if the GoA kept up with maintenance & repairs of the building? Sounds like variably deferred work piling up over the life cycle of structure.

When I worked for the GoA only a few years back, I had a coworker get seconded to a position in the Annex. He said the building was incredibly poorly maintained but obviously at that point it was clearly slated for demo eventually.

How much lower could that $ value be if the GoA kept up with maintenance & repairs of the building? Sounds like variably deferred work piling up over the life cycle of structure.

When I worked for the GoA only a few years back, I had a coworker get seconded to a position in the Annex. He said the building was incredibly poorly maintained but obviously at that point it was clearly slated for demo eventually.
The work I was involved with a few years back, yah that was an area we just added new to. Lots of the equipment was past the functional life. my SIL worked in there over 15 years ago and said she would regularly have plaster or water fall on her. they would leave towels by the windows because of the leakiness during a rain.

Back