News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Legislature Annex

Ah, the glory days of the EE dynasty. We won our second of five Grey Cups in a row during that season. Commonwealth was full many times. The Edmonton Drillers also played here and had decent attendance if I remember correctly, ha. I went to every soccer game but can't remember what the numbers were like.

Have we seen any sort of design/plan for this future space? At one point I had heard it was going to be a memorial space for those that have served in our military.
That would be sorta nice but isn't that somewhat what the cenetaph is for? But if they did something of a memorial it could still be interesting.

Or what about maybe a memorial/acknowledge ment (only with proper consultations of course) that we are on Treaty 6 lands and maybe a memorial for all lost to Residential schools and its survivors.

Like a crime scene...
2021-08-04 121.JPG

2021-08-04 052.JPG

I was fascinated by the hydraulics of this demolition track hoe, what a beast.
2021-08-04 056.JPG
2021-08-04 163.JPG
2021-08-04 175.JPG

Come on now.

I have toured many a Calgarian around it when visiting and heard many a comment about how beautiful the grounds are and that it is an incredible asset for our fair city.

Come on now.

I have toured many a Calgarian around it when visiting and heard many a comment about how beautiful the grounds are and that it is an incredible asset for our fair city.
Has it occurred to you that the guests are saying what they say just be nice? Next time you show Edmonton to guests try using a different perspective and see the reaction you get. You could say something like "It's OK, it is not as nice as Calgary though" and see if they agree.

Has it occurred to you that the guests are saying what they say just be nice? Next time you show Edmonton to guests try using a different perspective and see the reaction you get. You could say something like "It's OK, it is not as nice as Calgary though" and see if they agree.
Maybe it's just this website, but when did people become such whiners about Edmonton?!

Are the Legislature grounds the most opulent, beautiful place in all of Alberta? Maybe not. Is it one of the most historically and politically significant places in Alberta? Absolutely.

Part of the reason Calgary is so 'great' is because the people there are more than willing to tell you so, whether it is based in fact or just what Calgarians would like others to believe. Everything doesn't have to be a competition, but it is lunacy to say that even the Legislature here sucks and no one would want to see it. That's absolute self-defeating bull.

Last edited:

Back