News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Kinistinâw Park

Earlier this summer I rode by and a couple were ballroom dancing- they had a little boom box playing music. They were all dressed up and a couple people were seated and watching them.

On one nice weekend day when I was by there a few people from the farmers market I'm guessing were eating lunch there.

Last edited:
FBMCgmPUYAIuwut

Phase 2​

Phase 2 will take place on 96 Street and 102 Avenue. It will include:

• Extension of the red canopy
  • Canopy swings
  • Kebony deck with integrated seating
  • Interactive water feature (wet play)
  • Natural (dry) play area with drumlin slide
  • Planted edge with bench seating
  • Treed plaza
  • Integrated hard-surface artwork set in granite

Kinistinaw Park Phase 2​

Project Website
Project Website

Budget - The project is currently on budget.​

Schedule - The project is currently on schedule.​

Scope - The project is within the scope approved in the project charter.​

Description:​

As part of The Quarters Downtown redevelopment, the City of Edmonton is working on a new park for the area called Kinistinâw Park. This new park is intended to create a community space for people to gather and to attract further redevelopment to the area.

Latest Update:​

Construction has begun and will continue into winter 2021 as weather permits. Construction will resume in the Spring of 2022 with the anticpated ocmpletion for the summer of 2022.

Contact Information:​

Email: jason.crone@edmonton.ca
Phone:780-920-6980

Approved Schedule​

July, 2022​

Forecasted Schedule​

July, 2022​

Approved Budget​

$2.76 million​

Forecasted Budget​

$2.76 million​

This is basically a one block extension of this park for $2.76M with a small list of features/work versus $4.2M for the 3 year Hawrelak Park rehabilitation with an exhaustive list of work?

Am I missing something or is the Hawrelak Park budget much bigger than what was reported on that thread?

This is basically a one block extension of this park for $2.76M with a small list of features/work versus $4.2M for the 3 year Hawrelak Park rehabilitation with an exhaustive list of work?

Am I missing something or is the Hawrelak Park budget much bigger than what was reported on that thread?
i'm pretty sure that this is an apples to oranges comparable in that, as near as i can tell, the current budget allocation is only for design for hawrelak, not construction. from the project's webpage:

"This phase of design will further refine the scopes of work, provide cost estimates and create an approach to managing the work."

Back