News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Kingsway Mall

Went to the Kingsway Wal-Mart today, easily the nicest one I've ever been too. I've never felt less greasy after shopping at a Wal-Mart. 😄

Store design feels very modern, almost Ikea-like in a way honestly. I agree that it would have certainly been nice to have had the Home Depot moved from Westmount to Kingsway instead, but I'm okay with this too.

Last edited:
Now with the NAIT LRT station moving a bit further north, Kingsway Mall is going to be even more isolated from the train. What a bonehead move years ago to not try to integrate the LRT into the mall.

Now with the NAIT LRT station moving a bit further north, Kingsway Mall is going to be even more isolated from the train. What a bonehead move years ago to not try to integrate the LRT into the mall.
You can thank Oxford, the mall owner, for not wanting the LRT station on their property.

The whole east side is ripe for it, but I am unsure that condition of those parking structures.

I thought the Bay at Kingsway was on its last legs. I hope Zellers can keep it alive.

As for residential highrise/midrise development, I'm in favor of the lots north and west of Moxies plus the lots where BPs and a liquor store currently reside.
I'm not sure if the Avonair curling rink is still needed or not. It sticks out like a sore thumb but who knows its usage is like.

Back