News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

General Infill Discussion

Oh my goodness! This project looks so stunning with the brick finishing, reminds me of an old-style building in downtown New York. Do we know the specific spot where it's gonna be built?

Yes, it definitely has that Manhattan brownstone idiom going for it. Well conceived, I hope that it follows through with the appropriate materials in the detail stage. The possibilities are immense with the advent of CNC cutting and 3-d printing.

Neat infill townhouse design for Ritchie by FarMor:

1.png

1.png2.png3.png

Why do I kinda jive with it? :oops:

We ended up buying this one instead. We are in our low twenties, so most infill was unaffordable. We really wanted a basement suite as a lot of friends rent, so we wanted a space we could rent for cheaper to friends to help them out and help us a bit with the mortgage too.

It's tough when all our friends only want to buy in like Edgemont cause it's all they can afford, or because you can get way more space for cheaper. But it doesn't seem sustainable for our city to keep sprawling. We are 2 blocks from the Sherwood stop on the future west line, so we hope to never need a 2nd car.

We had hoped to live downtown, but the 20 year financial impact was too much. Buying an infill with a suite will help us so much more financially. Wish edmontons condo market was more stable and less risky.

Anyone else own an infill? How have you found it compared to other housing options?

20210124_151223.jpg

We ended up buying this one instead. We are in our low twenties, so most infill was unaffordable. We really wanted a basement suite as a lot of friends rent, so we wanted a space we could rent for cheaper to friends to help them out and help us a bit with the mortgage too.

It's tough when all our friends only want to buy in like Edgemont cause it's all they can afford, or because you can get way more space for cheaper. But it doesn't seem sustainable for our city to keep sprawling. We are 2 blocks from the Sherwood stop on the future west line, so we hope to never need a 2nd car.

We had hoped to live downtown, but the 20 year financial impact was too much. Buying an infill with a suite will help us so much more financially. Wish edmontons condo market was more stable and less risky.

Anyone else own an infill? How have you found it compared to other housing options?

View attachment 295928

Congrats, welcome to the infill life!

My wife and I purchased an infill duplex in Alberta Ave November 2019 and have loved it. A new house in a mature neighbourhood is the best of both worlds, but my dream is to own a pre-1940s heritage home or a slick mid-century modern bungalow one day.

Congrats, welcome to the infill life!

My wife and I purchased an infill duplex in Alberta Ave November 2019 and have loved it. A new house in a mature neighbourhood is the best of both worlds, but my dream is to own a pre-1940s heritage home or a slick mid-century modern bungalow one day.
I dig the mid-century bungalow, as long as it's decorated mid-century as well 🤣🤣
Where in the city are those more common?

I dig the mid-century bungalow, as long as it's decorated mid-century as well 🤣🤣
Where in the city are those more common?
Most post-WWII suburbs and homes built from 1950 - 70 is my definition. I am mainly interested in the bungalows with the high living room ceilings, wooden beams and large windows (kind of like this). I don't like the massive front lawns of that era, so I would plant a large vegetable garden and maybe create a patio space.

Back