News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Restaurants That Are Institutions as Much as Places to Dine​

Edmonton’s Bistro Praha is among the rare spots to find a formula that has ensured longevity in a generally difficult business.

"Jorel’s family owned and operated Block 1912 on Whyte Avenue until 2020, where Mikayla worked as the general manager for years before moving into the bakery. “Working around coffee makes sense — it’s what we know,” said Jorel."

I've had their donuts twice already, for vegan donuts they are damn good.

Last edited:

Restaurants That Are Institutions as Much as Places to Dine​

Edmonton’s Bistro Praha is among the rare spots to find a formula that has ensured longevity in a generally difficult business.

An incredible local story and legacy. Elisa and her husband have done an amazing thing with the new spot, but I will never forget some of my most memorable lunches sipping on a glass of red and feasting on their famous risotto in Manulife Place.

Hello. I saw a sign on the Rigoletto‘s restaurant in the YWCA building that states they are moving to the Alberta hotel.

Rigoletto's has been a long time staple of downtown and will leave a hole on 100 Ave. Thus we must ensure that the incompetent landlord Gene Dub stays far away from this restaurant, otherwise it will be shuttered as per the prior tenants at the Alberta Hotel.

This has been a longtime coming (leaving its existing spot) I am told; a staple for that area for sure. I wish them all the best at the AB Hotel and here's hoping they can make a go of it. I like the fit there and hope there are enough workers and conference goers to make it work. It will compliment Continental Treat nicely as well.

As for its former space, I hope we see another food/bev backfill it in a timely manner.

I was wondering who was moving into that spot. was watching stuff slowly get moved in. Rigolettos will have a nice spot for their jazz nights. A new Venue for PJ Perry.

This has been a longtime coming (leaving its existing spot) I am told; a staple for that area for sure. I wish them all the best at the AB Hotel and here's hoping they can make a go of it. I like the fit there and hope there are enough workers and conference goers to make it work. It will compliment Continental Treat nicely as well.

As for its former space, I hope we see another food/bev backfill it in a timely manner.
I wonder if Rigolettos is moving because of the atrium / entrance work being done to Claire Estates? Perhaps their CRU there is being removed completely?

Or perhaps to allow for construction, expansion and a wonderful new tenant?
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 4.15.33 PM.png

Back