News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Architecture & Design Discussion

@_Citizen_Dane_ Don't say that! What you're doing here is great my guy, not to mention how important teaching today's citizens about Edmonton's own heritage and past is! Keep it up man 😁👍

FB_IMG_1594770946025.jpg

Funny as that is, it is true! Too bad Alberta couldn't have focused on a triple track and used the discarded sand from the Oil "Sands" to become a major manufacturer of all manner of glass -- fritted, floated, annealed, laminated, formed, heat-strengthened, rolled, and so on... PLUS all manner of pre-cast concrete and concrete-amended structural forms, furniture, panels, etc. -- Opportunity missed now that oil prices are crashing!

@Daveography, true. But remember that saying... "a bird in the hand..." The "treated" sand was simply returned to the site in a non-commercially obtrusive kind of way. At one time the oil sands were so profitable that squeezing a dime or two from aligned income streams was of no interest to oil conglomerates who had invested billions in oil extraction. It is now doubtful that oil prices will ever recover to the $100+ per bbl days of yore and the conglomerates could have had a viable secondary and tertiary income stream if they had not overlooked other opportunities.

Hey everyone! Not sure which thread is best to post this in, but tomorrow from 7-8 pm I am doing a webinar with Paths for People about my Masters research on How to Get Sustainable Transport and Design in New Communities. I thought I would let ya'll know here, in case anyone want to tune in. There is an eventbrite for the live, and a copy of the presentation will be available through Paths for People's facebook page as well. Sorry if this is not the right thread! 😬😬:D

Back