News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Federal Politics

^Yeah this was a massive screw up by the Speaker's Office. Introductions of Guests within the routine of Parliament is usually given and vetted by the Speaker's Office. It's even more egregious that Hunka is from Rota's riding. This was a massive mess up, and frankly a simple apology doesn't suffice.

Either they missed this, or someone from the Ukrainian diaspora working for either their constituency office or the Speaker's Office purposely did this. Either way, both are unacceptable in the highest order.

Yes, basically a big screw up by someone. A guy in his 90's who has been in Canada for a long time, probably seemed harmless enough to someone who didn't realize or consider the complicated history around WWII in Europe and so didn't dig deep enough.

Or didn’t dig at all…

Google would likely be any researcher's first research tool nowadays and virtually every search term would return a top line reference to a Nazi SS force under German command.

This is one area that Canada has dismally failed (under Conservative as well as Liberal governments) as we welcomed thousands of SS members to emigrate - primarily from POW camps in Great Britain - to Canada with little to no accountability.

This is the same kind of failure that allowed a man convicted of attempted murder to be invited to a state dinner in India.

That's the most annoying thing I've seen in a while. He demanded that a person qualify every syllable as he interrupted the question, and what does he come up with for an answer to "Why should Canadians trust you?"

"Common sense." It is a meaningless statement, and perfectly exemplifies everything that the other person was saying.

Just contradicting his blatant lies about not distinguishing between left and right calling them Marxists, communists and the lunatic left. They way he was gas lighting that farm is absolutely shameful

How rude he was to the journalist too got to me. Yeah, ok, you may not like his questions but don't be a smug idiot chomping on an apple while he's asking questions. He's a such a pompous ass.

If polls are to be believed though, his party is in line to win the next election.

How rude he was to the journalist too got to me. Yeah, ok, you may not like his questions but don't be a smug idiot chomping on an apple while he's asking questions. He's a such a pompous ass.

If polls are to be believed though, his party is in line to win the next election.
True, but I usually don't like underestimating the Liberals when it comes to re-election efforts. They've got a weirdly good political machine when it comes to that.

It's part of the populist tough-guy schtick. He doesn't pull it off at all, but there are still a lot of people who will be eager to fall for it.

Just contradicting his blatant lies about not distinguishing between left and right calling them Marxists, communists and the lunatic left. They way he was gas lighting that farm is absolutely shameful
Wasn't there something a while ago about him calling a house in Hamilton a shack? Yep, he's quite the charmer.

Federal Liberals - desperate party making desperate decisions. In this case trying to maintain Atlantic Canada.
I understand he values the Maritime provinces over Alberta because they are more likely to vote liberal but FFS how stupidly clumsy can he be? He now has every other province siding with DS giving her credibility in the eyes of many albertans. Stupidly clumsy politics on his part.

Back