News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

ETS Bus and General Transit Improvements

500x, plus the 8 and a few trips on the 9. The 500x is a very popular route. Regardless of overlap. The ridership comes from the Meadows and not the few stops at Bonnie Doon and beyond.

I take the 500X so I'm not complaining, more just surprised that it of all routes would receive artics. I actually thought it would have been rerouted as an express feeder to Davies / Bonnie Doon (the better to boost VLSE ridership) and other X routes would get them instead.

I take the 500X so I'm not complaining, more just surprised that it of all routes would receive artics. I actually thought it would have been rerouted as an express feeder to Davies / Bonnie Doon (the better to boost VLSE ridership) and other X routes would get them instead.
500x goes all the way to McEwan University, unlike the Valley Line (for now).

Has ETS considered creating a regional services map that shows regional buses, express buses, high frequency routes, LRT, and major destinations?

They kinda have on this page https://www.edmonton.ca/ets/maps-routes-schedules-service if you scroll down to the Google map, but it's not nearly as complete as what I believe you're suggesting.
Too bad the schedule you posted does not have the 747 on it. People would have to go in a different spot to find the transit option to EIA. You would think ETS would post it in schedules plus the general transit page.

The Edmonton International Airport and the Edmonton Downtown Business Association support creating a direct bus link between the region’s international airport and downtown Edmonton, according to a report due at a Feb. 6 urban planning committee meeting. Edmonton’s council requested administration to explore cost-sharing options, as it declined to fund the service during its budget deliberations in December 2022. No organizations have formally committed to a cost-sharing model. The report said the proposed service would cost between $2.5 million and $3.5 million, depending on frequency, with an upfront capital cost of between $10 million and $30 million. The city said council would need to approve funding for the route as there is no money for it in the budget. Route 747 currently runs between Century Park Transit Centre and YEG. The proposed new service would supplement the 747 route, the city said. The new route could attract more conference goers and boost the economic potential of the airport and downtown. A route could also support those who live and work near the airport, as the majority of 747 bus passengers are “regular riders” who likely work at YEG or the Premium Outlet Collection Edmonton International Airport, the city said.

Direct downtown bus to airport will not go ahead at this time due to estimated cost. I wonder, from Carrie's lukewarm tone, if it was inflated to make sure priority remains on improving existing service? Also BRT may also include an airport route with more stops.
Can we not speculate on Administration misleading or biasing information to Council? It's conspiracy talk that only serves to undermine trust in the policy-making process.

For what it's worth, I think this decision was foreshadowed by EMTSC: The City is in full austerity mode now and looking for ways to save money.

Oh now we can't say the administration is leading council? Really? No, it is actually not a conspiracy, it has been happening for for some time and is becoming fairly obvious with this council.

At first I thought it might be because a number were new but they seem to have become quite comfortable not questioning what they have been told.

Really? Saying that Administration is misleading Council on the basis of obviousness?

That is very much conspiracy theory absent actual, smoking gun evidence to back it up.

I suggest you go to a public Council hearing or write to your Councillor and tell them, to their face, about it then. It's a pretty serious allegation to be accusing people of doing their jobs in bad faith.

Back