Avenuer

Member Bio
Reaction score
11430 76 Avenue NW

fdsfsdf.png
ggfdsgfd.png
gggdfd.png
dsfggf.png

Looks like it'll span from the alley behind Mood Cafe? The NIMBYism is going to be out of this world with fears of it further clogging up traffic on 76 ave.

Paging @Marcolangzi for details....

Major Development Permit
Reference Id: Job No 476060351-002
Description: To construct a Multi-unit Housing building (113 Dwellings), with a main floor Restaurant Use, and an underground parkade. And to demolish the existing buildings onsite (4 Single Detached Houses and 3 Accessory buildings).
Plan 2321417 Blk 1 Lot 27
Applicant: J+S ARCHITECT
Create Date: 2023/06/21
Neighbourhood: MCKERNAN

Great news. I was talking to my brother about the proposed builds in this neighbourhood on Sunday. We took the train to the neighbourhood and had breakfast at Belgravia Hub before grabbing a coffee at Mood cafe.

You don't need to own a car in this neighbourhood, and NIMBYs should be loudly told this.

Great news. I was talking to my brother about the proposed builds in this neighbourhood on Sunday. We took the train to the neighbourhood and had breakfast at Belgravia Hub before grabbing a coffee at Mood cafe.

You don't need to own a car in this neighbourhood, and NIMBYs should be loudly told this.
Exactly. Can’t wait for the neighbourhood newsletter article featuring the president airing their grievances about this one like they do with every development.

Exactly. Can’t wait for the neighbourhood newsletter article featuring the president airing their grievances about this one like they do with every development.
I’m sure some more progressive/uni student type people will jump on the league boards soon in these areas. When all the homes are old or 800k plus, tougher to get new voices in. But these projects will help get a new generation of community league directors in as well. Critical mass is all they need.

As a not even that that long ago U of A grad (2015 😭, whatever helps me sleep at night) I remember friends and classmates staying in a room in one of those paneled beige houses for $400/month in early 2010s. I am also an OG garage suite dweller of Belgravia, a unique but cramped roommate situation for my first job out of uni. Point of the rambling is it's both exciting and bittersweet seeing the University area grow. These multi-family developments are much needed in the area, but also point to the extreme COL situation for modern students. My $28K undergrad is now likely $40-45K+ (Bcom). Add in housing, groceries, lost provincial tuition tax credits & grants, it's getting near impossible for the student without family help / living at home

My undergrad was $16k, I lived at home and worked 3 jobs to make it work... even with parental help.

I cannot imagine these days paying 40k for an Arts degree.

I don't want to make y'all jealous but I received three separate scholarships out of high school and ended up with zero student debt -- one of the awards afforded me a 6-month stay in Paris, France in the summer of '66 (sacre-bleu).

Back