Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Or until they start hallucinating and pull out a knife
That would at the very least qualify as bothering people, I guess.

As inconvenient as I might find it to have someone who's intoxicated in the train, if they're not posing a threat at all, or using INSIDE of the train/station, we have no right to stop them from using it.

Until they pose a threat (if at all) It's not at different from a drunken person taking transit after a night out.

Until it isn’t.
very cavalier attitude or dare I say ignorant. The people who have been stabbed would assume it is 0% safe.
Treating the transit network as a social support service is an horrendous waste of public funding. Keep service for the purpose for what it was intended and not a conduit for crime and drug dealers. If you can’t pay or don’t have the mental acuity you really shouldn’t be using it.
The city did briefly use the stations as emergency drop in centres during extreme weather conditions and changed the loitering bylaw to reflect that. They soon regretted it. It is only now that this option is not available that some urgency and resources have been allocated to cater to this issue. So no having intoxicated people sprawled out over four seats is not an acceptable use of multi billion dollar investment.

The LRT for providing transportation, how quaint, mayor mandell changed it to Development, so what does it matter how many paying passengers are scared off?

As for OK behavior, would someone overdosing on the train, and his friends trying to start something be OK?

Did learn not to hit the emergency button as it stops the train, and bogs down the line though.

Maybe a drunk doing a strip tease in the back of my bus would be OK, as there is no way to quantify lost/scared riders/fares...

It's not a problem 'til it impacts you directly is not big picture thinking...

OMF parcel B today.

IMG_6813.jpeg
IMG_6815.jpeg

This is a question about the VLSE OMF, but also the entire network. If employees decide to take the train to work from their home, how do they get to the OMFs since they are very far from the stations in most cases? (other than VLW). Does ETS offer drop-offs to employees at these locations? It would be silly if many of the operators of the system weren't also users.

This is a question about the VLSE OMF, but also the entire network. If employees decide to take the train to work from their home, how do they get to the OMFs since they are very far from the stations in most cases? (other than VLW). Does ETS offer drop-offs to employees at these locations? It would be silly if many of the operators of the system weren't also users.
I don't know if it's still the case, but I asked about this on a walking tour of the line around a year or so before it opened, and the city rep said the plan was to have a shuttle take them between Gerry Wright and Davies. IIRC Davies has facilities for them to change and whatnot.

Back