Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Been a tough go for Revolution Cycle with limited store access from construction and now a flood.

Screenshot_20240204-192457_Samsung Internet.jpg

Variant Edition is another store on the same block of Stony Plain Road who has been dealing with the same issues.

1707101956942.png

I wish these retailers the best of luck getting back on their feet. I wonder if this water main break was along Stony Plain Road or another location.

Just had a drive eastbound down 104th avenue this past weekend, in particular the south side from 116th Street.
It's about half vacant these days, really a change from when I was living in Oliver.
Sort of reminds me of Jasper avenue during and after the LRT construction seasons.
Here's hoping the businesses return

Just had a drive eastbound down 104th avenue this past weekend, in particular the south side from 116th Street.
It's about half vacant these days, really a change from when I was living in Oliver.
Sort of reminds me of Jasper avenue during and after the LRT construction seasons.
Perhaps the strip malls may be demolished to make room for housing?

Sad for business owners being affected. But yeah, redevelopment into truly urban formats would be nice. The housing behind these strip malls is so horribly cut off from 104th ave from their walls of stucco and blank backs.

Housing and better connections from Oliver to 104ave would be much preferred over filling these retail bays imo.

Sad for business owners being affected. But yeah, redevelopment into truly urban formats would be nice. The housing behind these strip malls is so horribly cut off from 104th ave from their walls of stucco and blank backs.

Housing and better connections from Oliver to 104ave would be much preferred over filling these retail bays imo.
As I recall this strip mall was built in the era when crap was very popular here. It has been around long enough now that it might make sense for it to go and be replaced by something better.

If that happens, it would be a good thing.

The only businesses I have visited regularly in that strip mall are Kal Tire and Subway. The rest of it can be replaced with podiums for mid-rise towers. And to break up that retail monotony, I want to see 114 St extended south to 103A Ave that includes both vehicular traffic and MUPs.

The only businesses I have visited regularly in that strip mall are Kal Tire and Subway. The rest of it can be replaced with podiums for mid-rise towers. And to break up that retail monotony, I want to see 114 St extended south to 103A Ave that includes both vehicular traffic and MUPs.

Basically if Gronk is a patron, we can't touch the strip mall

Back