Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Given the other options nearby, I'm guessing that they felt that they were covered here, but yes, that would have made sense given the level of grit our climate necessitates and the impact that has on those poor innocent machines.

The escalators at university station are always broken, so I’m not mad they only have 1 here. I think it’s cheaper for them to maintain

The escalators at university station are always broken, so I’m not mad they only have 1 here. I think it’s cheaper for them to maintain
There should ALWAYS be two escalators. 100% redundancy should be standard practice for obvious reasons. The escalators at Century Park are often out of service creating chaos when a train arrives at peak hours.

At least there are other options nearby. Century Park originally had a proposed parkade connected by pedway.

There should ALWAYS be two escalators. 100% redundancy should be standard practice for obvious reasons. The escalators at Century Park are often out of service creating chaos when a train arrives at peak hours.
Redundancy is fine, but that should be no excuse to stick a backup staircase in a secluded part of the station that smells like meth and pee. I’d rather University Station had a staircase for people heading down and an escalator for those heading up side-by-side than the current setup.

I only wish they had two escalators in that space. It would make for efficient movement of people and you could still have an escalator taking people up to street level if you had to close one down for maintenance.

Redundancy is fine, but that should be no excuse to stick a backup staircase in a secluded part of the station that smells like meth and pee. I’d rather University Station had a staircase for people heading down and an escalator for those heading up side-by-side than the current setup.
Not sure about what the rules are in Edmonton but in Toronto because of blind people even with two escalators side by side if one is down the second one is down and people can use it as stairs because of blind people knowing that one side is up and one side is down.

Taken October 19, 2023
20231019_075440.jpg
20231019_075557.jpg

Stairs have been revealed at Davies station. Another sign they could be starting operation soon.

I had a walk through the new Churchill Connector heading into the office this morning and was truly impressed. Very airy and aesthetically pleasing like the Canada Line stops. It feels like a nice and safe way to quickly get up to street level. Would love it if they rebuilt the remaining primary underground stationhouses similar to this.

Back