Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Just out of the picture they have put in some temporary asphalt for crossovers to divert traffic
Yep. It will be similar to when they were doing the work on the SW henday over the past few years. By the pictures it seems like they are still a month or so away from erecting the girders.

Looks like the plywood is off the ARC ticket stand at 102 Strret too.
IMG_0850.jpeg

The rest of the thread explains what you saw:
wqYsKM9B_x96.jpg

While independent certification paperwork continues, TransEd will complete some maintenance work over the next 4 days within the trackway while train movement pauses in Millwoods, Bonnie Doon and Strathearn neighborhoods.

The work involves relocating or removing some cables located in conduits designated to remain free for possible future use by the City of Edmonton. (This work is not related to the prior cable upgrades TransEd completed this past summer.)

I wonder what possible use the CoE has: " removing some cables located in conduits designated to remain free for possible future use by the City of Edmonton". Could this be conduit related to a future Whyte Ave line from Sherwood Park to the UofA?

I wonder what possible use the CoE has: " removing some cables located in conduits designated to remain free for possible future use by the City of Edmonton". Could this be conduit related to a future Whyte Ave line from Sherwood Park to the UofA?
Spare ducts are added on projects because they both double as temporary power ducts, and can be used in a pinch for future expansions. It's completely normal, and a major project in the Edmonton area that I'm working on has essentially doubled the electrical conduit for this reason. About half of them won't be used once the project is complete, but the additional cost during initial construction is negligible.

Back