Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0852.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg

Two different train sets seen today had the green testing vinyl removed. Another sign of an impending opening.
Only a small number of cars had those applied in the first place. 3 I think. So, you would have had to have known the numbers of those cars to be able to verify they had the wrap removed.

I think, if possible, it would be nice to redo some entrances so there are no hidden corners. Cases in point, Bay Enterprise Square or Corona Stations.
I’ve been wondering why this hasn’t happened yet. Refreshing the capital line stations and entrances should be a higher priority than a new extension at this point imo.

Make them safer, cleaner, and more beautiful and that’ll help a lot. Letting them deteriorate while adding more connections isn’t good. No one in the NW wants to arrive at central station when it sucks like currently

I’ve been wondering why this hasn’t happened yet. Refreshing the capital line stations and entrances should be a higher priority than a new extension at this point imo.

Make them safer, cleaner, and more beautiful and that’ll help a lot. Letting them deteriorate while adding more connections isn’t good. No one in the NW wants to arrive at central station when it sucks like currently
Every metro line in the world has stations that show their age more than others, including some of the major ones in Canada, like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver - having been to two of the three in the last month. I'd rather see further expansion, personally. That said, renewal and growth projects are funded and planned separately.

They just refurbished Stadium station

Every metro line in the world has stations that show their age more than others, including some of the major ones in Canada, like Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver - having been to two of the three in the last month. I'd rather see further expansion, personally. That said, renewal and growth projects are funded and planned separately.
Most such stations are somewhat utilitarian and not meant to be architectural marvels, but perhaps they show their age by being a reflection of the design choices of the age they were built. I am fine with that as long as they are well relatively clean and well maintained.

I don't find our LRT stations downtown to be particularly dirty or not well maintained, any more than anywhere else I have been. With regards to cleanliness, our biggest problem has been people hanging out in them and making a mess, but the messes are usually cleaned up within a reasonable amount of time. There have been some cases where elevators or escalators are out of service for a lengthy time and I wish that was handled better.

Back