Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I think part of the challenge with the SE segment was the challenge with the CPR tracks, and other obstacles. The Gantry crane lifts smaller loads, and is more mobile. The SE line had more streets to cross (98 Avenue, Argyll, Coronet, Wagner, 75 Street, along with Whitemud Drive. Of course, there were other challenges.
Segmental erection is in general faster than cast and place, like Transed used. The quality control with segments also seem to be superior. Transed replaced the whitemud segment due to improper curing, and I believe 3 segments across the elevated portion.

I think part of the challenge with the SE segment was the challenge with the CPR tracks, and other obstacles. The Gantry crane lifts smaller loads, and is more mobile. The SE line had more streets to cross (98 Avenue, Argyll, Coronet, Wagner, 75 Street, along with Whitemud Drive. Of course, there were other challenges.
Calgary used a gantry crane for their WLRT extension, which crossed over a multi track CP mainline.

Segmental erection is in general faster than cast and place, like Transed used. The quality control with segments also seem to be superior. Transed replaced the whitemud segment due to improper curing, and I believe 3 segments across the elevated portion.
That's right, I already forgot about the Whitemud replacement fiasco.....geez!

IMG_0843.jpeg
I’m

I think the buildings can be made more visible (colour them and identify them). I like the numbers for the exits. They would be great for first responders.

Back