Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I think the only challenge about the multi-use path from Argyll to Wagner could be the CPR crossing. Will the railway allow it?
I could be wrong, but I think the railways have an obligation to allow crossings if the municipality so chooses (at the municipality’s expense). However if the crossing would effect their operations, they would definitely appeal it with Transport Canada.

I think in this case, I would rather a pedestrian underpass or overpass to keep conflicts between freight trains and pedestrians to a minimum. I would also love to see a grade-separated path where 76 Ave is cut off by CPKC’s line as I see lots of people shortcutting there and have had a few close calls myself.

Down here we've got pathway crossings across two of CP's lines so there's precedence for CP to allow these

1695000767757.png

I saw a southbound 2-car train pulling into Muttart at around 9:30 pm last night.

^ yes they also had them going at churchill station yesterday
I captured some PA announcements in a video last April (first announcment is at 0:33): https://streamable.com/g353en

The city manager just needs to smarten up to fix a few of the vehicle conflicts. Swapping circular lights for arrows, move back stop lines, and removing vehicles from areas like 102 ave. Adding some modal filtering DT would probably fix some of the vehicle wandering that leads to dumb decisions by people unfamiliar with what a tram is.

It'll be a great line, and should add considerable amount of foot traffic to the east side of DT.

Exactly! I know we're jaded here by the constant delays and the screw ups, but I guess I'll be going ahead with optimism as to what this line will bring and how nice and transforming it'll be for the urban fabric of this city.

We'll have TWO LRT lines that aren't in the middle of freeways (take that Calgary!) and these will be immensely nice steps forward toward having a city that's built more around trains.

City of Champions? Nah City of Trams.

Back