Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

6590E8BF-70E8-405D-A877-0BEB9B7C2352.jpeg

unrelated to the photo above: I did see a train at Churchill this evening.

That section of boulevard on the west side just north of 38ave…..where they were simultaneously installing the new trunk sewer line remains UN-landscaped! Rusty street light poles and everything still remain! Why not coordinate with TransEd on the landscaping?

View attachment 506393
Looks like GBC going in for roads and sidewalks to me. Stony Plain.
The house that stood just to the left of that sewer opening is where I grew up. So funny to see stony plain Road in such a condition. They tore down our family home for the LRT as well as my grandmothers house. Looking forward to seeing the results.

The house that stood just to the left of that sewer opening is where I grew up. So funny to see stony plain Road in such a condition. They tore down our family home for the LRT as well as my grandmothers house. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Just to be clear I’m very happy the LRT is going through there. So like I say I’m excited to see the results!

The good news about Valley Line SE is that it was largely done before the inflation of the past couple of years.
It was a fixed price contract anyways, so it wouldn’t have mattered. But you can see how the capital line extension is suffering because of market uncertainty and high inflation.

With the Valley Line SE opening in the near future, the 4 (Whyte Avenue), 6 (51 Avenue) and 56 (23 Avenue) will connect stations on the Valley Line and Capital Line. Would it be useful to upgrade the 56 frequency to 15 or 20 minutes?

Drove by the west part of the alignment. They have cast both bridge abutments, with the approach’s nearing completion , I anticipate girder erection over the henday sometime in October. 4/6 WEM station columns have been cast, while 7 full spans have been erected. Not sure what mammoet is assembling here in the red pictures, I assume something to do with the work over 170th street. 3/4 straddle bents at misericordia hospital have been cast, meaning the station is ready for the gantry crane to erect it’s segments when the time comes.
IMG_6256.jpegIMG_6258.jpegIMG_6257.jpegIMG_6260.jpegIMG_6255.jpeg

With the Valley Line SE opening in the near future, the 4 (Whyte Avenue), 6 (51 Avenue) and 56 (23 Avenue) will connect stations on the Valley Line and Capital Line. Would it be useful to upgrade the 56 frequency to 15 or 20 minutes?
It is 10 minutes peak/ 15 minutes off peak between Mill Woods TC And Leger. This is nothing new. It's been like that for sometime now.

Back