Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I must have misread the #56 brochure. I stand corrected.

Good to hear that there's more frequent bus service there.

IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 24
I think the only challenge about the multi-use path from Argyll to Wagner could be the CPR crossing. Will the railway allow it?

Edmonton doesn’t have a lot of north-south roads because of the North Saskatchewan River. The Valley Line will add another option.

Another vehicle-train collision has occurred
Near Churchill Square I saw vehicles driving down the north/south bike lane on 99th where the city wisely removes the delineators temporarily. Since it's a 1 way, there are no traffic lights in the southbound direction other than the bike lane light. It wouldn't surprise me if a moron driver nailed a train there.

My opinion is that where there are vehicle/train conflicts, vehicles should be essentially removed.

Perhaps these train entrances also need bollards too.
Implementing more European style tram trains are great, but a shock to the city manager will be that the solution to collisions is also European style hostility towards cars when these two forms of transportation interact.

The idea around the use of bollards is great, but people are worried about the harm to vehicle occupants when cars inevitably slam into them.

Back