Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Why can’t they put a date to completion? Without a target how can you possibly hit it? Their lack of commitment is infuriating.
I worked with/as a Prime Consultant as a Contract Admin/PM. We had projects that were early, on-time and late... and occasionally quite behind, but all of them shared one thing... a schedule and target completion. Even when this shifted it was communicated to the owner, stakeholders and the public (updated site signs) in most cases.

I can appreciate that this project is quite complex, has many moving parts and involved much annexation, preliminary site prep and faced an incredibly wet first year and are now dealing with COVID, but why not be open and honest about it?!???!

Don't keep moving 'targets' or keep things close to your chest, be rational-objective and open about it.

At the moment it feels like there is no deadline, no motivation to get it done as soon as possible and that we are being kept in the dark.

This leads to speculation and mistrust. Watching those update videos left me with more questions than I had prior to watching them.

Strathearn:

97D1E205-B303-496B-ACB7-B64DB6858171.jpeg
A8F9E4E1-22A4-4758-B049-5236B4C7D3D3.jpeg
EFFC93C5-77B2-4B98-B3BF-9A02DB5B646A.jpeg
92020525-5E86-40F0-A051-5F72B629C96D.jpeg
2F5F5C3C-C31E-44C9-9384-48720A8AD3AF.jpeg

What's 6 more months if you are 6 months behind.

True. I suppose given COVID, transit demand is down considerably - particularly for downtown commuting, so this delay might not impact people as much as in more normal times.

It is good to see this progressing and I think at this point the end is in sight.

The more I think about it, the more idiotic a decision that is.

Where is their CPTED person and general, basic understanding of safety in public space design?

Must say I'm disappointed by a lot of the public art on this lines. Instead of having photoshopped pictures of wildlife they should have had street art by local artists. With bright colors and geometric shapes, an artist that comes to mind is Jason Carter. I think that type of art and display would add a lot more to the streetscape.

Must say I'm disappointed by a lot of the public art on this lines. Instead of having photoshopped pictures of wildlife they should have had street art by local artists. With bright colors and geometric shapes, an artist that comes to mind is Jason Carter. I think that type of art and display would add a lot more to the streetscape.
I wonder if community residents had a say in what type/theme for public art was selected for each stop. I could see Strathearn residents wanting a 'nature' theme for their stop, for instance.

If the stop next to my house on the west LRT gets art like this....I'm moving. So disappointing. I get that we want to point to our prairies, nature, history... but good design should be paramount. This is the art I expect in my grandparents house...

If the stop next to my house on the west LRT gets art like this....I'm moving. So disappointing. I get that we want to point to our prairies, nature, history... but good design should be paramount. This is the art I expect in my grandparents house...
Precisely, and there are ways to appreciate our history and culture through visually interesting, thought provoking art. Not to be a pretentious art snob but in that piece of the deer in what appears to be Whitemud Ravine the composition is way off the bend in the valley placed directly in the middle and if you placed a grid over the image the deer itself would be positioned on a quarter of the image, completely disregarding the rule of thirds which is one of the most basic elements of compostion in painting and photography.

Back