Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

They're not tearing down the new bus station, right? Just building on top of it? Everyone on Facebook is losing their minds about wasted money when they just redid the station.

They're not tearing down the new bus station, right? Just building on top of it? Everyone on Facebook is losing their minds about wasted money when they just redid the station.
I really wonder about that too. I love the new station, and I'd be pretty disappointed if they built it knowing it'd be torn down in just a few years. Unless there were some major issue that made the old station unsafe for use.

I do find it kinda strange that they rebuilt the transit centre only a few years ago only for it now to be rebuilt again with the train station on top of it. It could something like what you mentioned @CplKlinger but it's most likely poor coordination of city projects :confused:

I do find it kinda strange that they rebuilt the transit centre only a few years ago only for it now to be rebuilt again with the train station on top of it. It could something like what you mentioned @CplKlinger but it's most likely poor coordination of city projects :confused:
No surprise to me. I still won't forget when the city repaved AND redid the curbs on 83 Ave East of Gateway Blvd to 99 Street a few summers ago and then proceeded to tear it up the next construction season and install bike lanes. Meanwhile, other parts of city infrastructure are literally crumbling. I don't know how one department can lack that much coordination.

It wasn’t that long ago that they gentrified Stoney Plain Road. The idea of running the valley line al the road was just a glint in Mandel’s eye at the time but it was anticipated.

From this afternoon:

4D74734B-4B9B-4C41-B04F-4AE2ED2C9EC3.jpeg
168EEE7F-7D5A-49DE-987F-61A48D6972C6.jpeg
38150E96-AA08-4A60-9139-BD87D5736989.jpeg
11DEA9C6-9CB9-4079-8585-084FFF278621.jpeg
0D558414-F853-453E-B245-743642EB9803.jpeg
87A34BA5-F61A-4739-83AB-655BA9209EC8.jpeg
0E2E33DA-2CF2-414E-9F2F-D86D9BCC941A.jpeg
35F0C54D-03E0-4D5C-AF5C-92ED4F0581E2.jpeg

Great pics Avenuer. The Valley Line SE is looking great.

I was travelling around 83 Street/Argyll yesterday, and I was thinking that the left turn from Argyll onto 83rd should have a left turn signal light at the corner (by McDonald's) like the other intersections on the Valley Line.

Does Davies not have escalators? (Can't see any) If that's the case I would be pretty dissapointed
It looks like there are escalator-shaped forms through the glazing. For this scale of a station, I would be VERY surprised if we didn't have any escalators, as every other station with some form of grade separation does.

Does Davies not have escalators? (Can't see any) If that's the case I would be pretty dissapointed
Of course they'd have escalators in there, along with one or 2 elevators. They kinda have to if it's a grade separated station like that.

It's strange to me that the nicest, most expensive station on the line is in the middle of an industrial park. I know they had to separate the line by grade but it just is going to be weird seeing this beautiful station surrounded by gas stations and industrial lots. I heard something about some TOD here in the future but I'm assuming that's still gonna be a long time in the future.

It's strange to me that the nicest, most expensive station on the line is in the middle of an industrial park. I know they had to separate the line by grade but it just is going to be weird seeing this beautiful station surrounded by gas stations and industrial lots. I heard something about some TOD here in the future but I'm assuming that's still gonna be a long time in the future.
I would bet on a commercial/office development in the area in the near future, but I don't see residential units popping up here in the next 50 years, at least

Back