Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Even better, a substation integrated into a small development like in other cities. Part of an actual building that would contribute to activating that corner.

This is it. 5th of February and route 73 is no more with service hours and resources being redistributed around the network, permanent 5-minute frequency for the Valley Line, and Arc fully opens to seniors!

Edit: Sorry, 3rd of February and route 73 A/B close. 5th of February peak service frequency picks up to 5 minutes.

Last edited:
IMG_2663.jpeg

Public transit systems work in much more demanding places all over the world; how is this system not more robust? Granted, some parts of the system probably experience far more messed use per/capita/day, but still, these should be drawing from places facing those kinds of demands.

I never really understood the use of automatic doors on those small shelters though. You could still provide accessible access for 1 or 2 on each end to ensure safe use for those with those requirements, but to put them on all of them seems like a poor choice.

Public transit systems work in much more demanding places all over the world; how is this system not more robust? Granted, some parts of the system probably experience far more messed use per/capita/day, but still, these should be drawing from places facing those kinds of demands.

I never really understood the use of automatic doors on those small shelters though. You could still provide accessible access for 1 or 2 on each end to ensure safe use for those with those requirements, but to put them on all of them seems like a poor choice.
All valid points but time and time again……YEG’s least desirable citizens prove that we are “not allowed” nice things. By their God’s willing will ensure that anything, “nice, new, expensive, clean, working, public,” will be quickly reverse and turned into the aforementioned - “opposite.” I can guarantee that that Turd Burglar who “purposely” burnt down the apartment building he was living off Whyte is one such culprit. Did he die in the fire? If not, one less turd on the street by being in prison. Sorry about the rant……

Last edited:

What I find really stupid is that each shelter is made up of two doors. Why so many? I often found that one door at each shelter would work, the other would not, so it seemed intentional to disable one door. Although in a lot of cases neither door would work with no obvious signs of tampering. Certainly I've seen doors tampered with and off their tails, including one or two with belts hanging out Downtown, in particular at the Churchill Connector.
There are no locks on the doors and they do not have an exterior on/off switch. Seems like a dumb design.
Before the VLSE LRT even opened people has figured out the shelters weren't looked and were camping out in them down here in Mill Woods.
I also remember one where the door would just cycle open and closed non stop long before the line opened. It had been snowing and some snow must have blocked the door from fully closing so it just kept recycling, attempting to properly close.

Reference ID:Job No 498731263-002
Description:To construct a Minor Utility building (LRT power supply) 10334 - 107 STREET NW (Utility Complex 11).
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lots 123-126
Applicant:MARIGOLD INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS LP
Create Date:2024-01-23T11:51:18Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 498731263-002
Description:To construct a Minor Utility building (LRT power supply) 10334 - 107 STREET NW (Utility Complex 11).
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lots 123-126
Applicant:MARIGOLD INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS LP
Create Date:2024-01-23T11:51:18Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
What website do you find these on?

Back