Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

IMG_6711.png
IMG_6710.png
IMG_6712.png
IMG_6705.jpeg

I couldn’t get very close to the actual lift. They were staging the girders on the sidewalk and were turning pedestrians away.

Rough day for TransEd and the Valley Line SE.
Through this morning trains were terminating at Grey Nuns due to switch issues Mill Woods.

By this afternoon for the peak hour, trains from Mill Woods were terminating at Muttart with a shuttle train running between Muttart and 102 St due to apparently an issue in the SB tunnel. I was at the Churchill Connection. There was misleading messages on the signs Downtown indicating that the NB platform was closed and SB and NB trains were using the SB platform. Problem was the shuttle train was actually on the NB track. To their credit, TransEd was making audio announcements to use the NB platform, but, with wrong messages on the signs, passengers were frequently going between both platforms, and naturally when the train actually showed up, there was then a mass rush to the platform with the train.

There was also a lot of confusion over whether Churchill was shut down because of what happened at City Hall.

I was wondering if VLSE issues were going to make the news (I think it was the most severe since opening) but obviously it's overshadowed now.

This is about maximizing your billion+ dollar investment, and personally, I would be happy to write to ministers (and organize others to do the same) about withholding future transit funding from Edmonton projects if this is the way you're going to continue planning them.

Yes, this is a threat.

There are plenty of other cities in Canada in transit crisis (including mine) that need infrastructure money now.

I, and other Edmontonians, would also be very happy to write to Ministers (and organize others to do the same) about withholding future transit funding from Greater Vancouver transit projects, given the recent bus strike and potential escalation.

There are other cities in Canada (including Edmonton) that could use the money for additional transit service, while Vancouver plays Dare games by withholding it.

Assuming substation. Hopefully pretty.

Reference ID:Job No 498731263-002
Description:Construction of (a) new building(s)
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lots 123-126
Applicant:MARIGOLD INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS LP
Create Date:2024-01-23T11:51:18Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Assuming substation. Hopefully pretty.

Reference ID:Job No 498731263-002
Description:Construction of (a) new building(s)
Plan B2 Blk 7 Lots 123-126
Applicant:MARIGOLD INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS LP
Create Date:2024-01-23T11:51:18Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
They usually are decent and blend in well. The ones on the SE line are good enough imo, and definitely better than the capital line ones.

Back