University Heights | 23m | 6s | Westrich Pacific | EFG Architects

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Didama

Member Bio
Reaction score
First time poster coming forth from the shadows here. The first thing I would like to say is 'thank you' for always keeping such a positive and constructive tone on this forum; it's a breath of fresh air compared to other forums that shall not be named.

Secondly, and I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already, does anyone have any information about what Westrich has planned across the street from McKernan gates? There is a big sign up there now saying something along the lines of 'modern rentals'. I don't remember reading anything about that and I'm curious. Thank you!

@Didama Here is the link to that thread!

@Didama Here is the link to that thread!

Thanks Kyle! I am familiar with this project though; the one I'm curious about is essentially across the street (on the other side of the tracks) and is a Westrich project.

Thanks Kyle! I am familiar with this project though; the one I'm curious about is essentially across the street (on the other side of the tracks) and is a Westrich project.

Drove by there as well - I think it may be this (looks like it was approved a year ago) @Didama
Job No 308898800-001: To construct a Multi-unit Housing building (6 storeys) with 159 Dwelling units and an underground parkade.
11459 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 9021784 Blk 5 Lot 11A 11439 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lots 6-7 8005 - 115 STREET NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lot 13 11441 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lots 8-10
EFG ARCHITECTS INC.
MCKERNAN

Drove by there as well - I think it may be this (looks like it was approved a year ago) @Didama
Job No 308898800-001: To construct a Multi-unit Housing building (6 storeys) with 159 Dwelling units and an underground parkade.
11459 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 9021784 Blk 5 Lot 11A 11439 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lots 6-7 8005 - 115 STREET NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lot 13 11441 - UNIVERSITY AVENUE NW Plan 2064S Blk 5 Lots 8-10
EFG ARCHITECTS INC.
MCKERNAN

The architect for this project is Ed Gooch so I am not hopeful for the architectural design of the building...

Oh yeah, I know where this is now. I remember this was an RA8 rezoning. I don't expect it will be anything groundbreaking (pardon the pun) here, but if it is in fact Westrich then I have a bit of hope that they will execute a half-decent project even with EFG as the architects.

Interesting tidbit in the Admin report:

Along with the rezoning, a Restrictive Covenant in favour of the City of Edmonton was placed on the parcels to prevent vehicular access from the site from the University Avenue NW service road, which is intended for a future multi-modal “greenway”.

@ Daveography, maybe they are finally giving consideration to a proposal that I submitted to upgrade 76th Avenue to a multi-modal east-west connection that could go all the way to Sherwood Park (when CP decides what it is that they are going to do with the former rail yards).

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Jun 24, 2020
Status In Progress
Description of Development To construct a Multi-unit Housing building (6 storeys) with 195 Dwellings and an underground parkade.
Address 11450 - 80 AVENUE NW

Apparently this encompasses a larger property than I originally thought:

1593622164569.png

Back