Tower 101 | 175m | 50s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I think the trouble with Tower 101 is that downtown office vacancy is about 25%. I'm guessing that anything built there will be largely residential.

That's a little harsh -- Regency in the past had some good development sense and the ability to back it up. As with many, many other companies, they fell on hard times through the COVID stretch -- something that the world is still adjusting to in terms of difficult financial conditions.

As with many, many other companies, they fell on hard times through the COVID stretch -- something that the world is still adjusting to in terms of difficult financial conditions.
The BMO building started demolition in January 2018, their Emerald site was demolished in 2016 - both well before COVID.

Absolutely laughable that we are passing off their current financial condition as an excuse for their recent performance, which includes preCOVID. If they can’t do business well then maybe the city is better off without their business at all.

Last edited:
That's a little harsh -- Regency in the past had some good development sense and the ability to back it up. As with many, many other companies, they fell on hard times through the COVID stretch -- something that the world is still adjusting to in terms of difficult financial conditions.
Fell on hard times and made…?

121 west
East junction.

Both laughable.

They need to receive a little more harshness imo. No one else is dropping consistent trash like they have. And few others have multiple sites in horrible states like they do.

Don’t make excuses for laziness and incompetence.

Pearl is the only quality project they’ve done. (Maybe quest? But thanks a C+ in most cities). Time for them to stop.

There are a lot of nice and good projects happening throughout the city by other developers. It is unfortunate this one has been so bungled and is in such a prominent location.

I kinda wish CWB had decided to put their upcoming office tower here in a mixed use building (hotel/res)- that could have been the catalyst needed to get this project going. I think filling this spot would have helped better activate 102 Ave. Ice District was originally looking at a lower price point rental for where CWB is now going and that would have been fine.

The question is, "what happened?" Over ten years later, one would expect better knowledge, creatives, and executes, but, instead, they've DIGRESSED beyond shame.

Lowkey I liked Edgewater

Back