The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Something this tall would look even better around the arena district ! Too bad something like this isn’t likely to happen there! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Something this tall would look even better around the arena district ! Too bad something like this isn’t likely to happen there! 🤷🏻‍♂️
If only The Edmontonian got built for that reason. However, the parking lots behind Roger's Place are a prime area for some towers of that size.

Slide

We are heading in to year 7 of the 10 year deadline set by council for the Alldritt Tower. If it expires, does the current 'park' just stay as is; or is the land returned to the city?

Quote:
The vote Wednesday starts the clock for Alldritt Group. It has 10 years to finish geotechnical studies, detailed design and secured a valid development permit. If it misses the deadline, the company loses the rights granted by this rezoning and nothing can be built except a park.

I don't know if they will get it together in the next few years or not, but given it has been 7 years already and it would be a real stretch for this company, I suspect not.

Also, if it were up to me, I would be inclined not to give an extension - 10 years is ample time and I think it just drags things out if extended. If it hasn't happened by then, I doubt it will.

Alldritt has mostly completed detailed design (headed by Dub, Architect) and also completed geotechnical research. Will they pick up the pieces from the COVID setback? -- we'll see. I still think they will come through.
I remain skeptical.
They haven't built ANYTHING other than SFH in years, and even these are not going out of the door as quickly as one would hope.

Dub
Alldritt has mostly completed detailed design (headed by Dub, Architect) and also completed geotechnical research. Will they pick up the pieces from the COVID setback? -- we'll see. I still think they will come through.

Archited, do you mean to say the Architect and sub-consultants have completed "detailed design" pre-design (schematic phase) and have almost completed detailed design development but have not yet started the actual construction (contract) documents? Do you happen to know who the civil and structural sub-consultants are and whether the Client has engaged a contractor for pre-con services for the design work completed to date?

TBH I was way more excited about the infrastructure around it than the tower itself. Some CRUs closer to the river valley (with river valley views) would be game changers and an awesome tourist destination.
Yeah they should just build that part honestly. Revive this project without the tower and it's just fine!

Back