The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
'Visitors are not going to be as hung up on perceptions of east of 97 St as a no go zone as locals are.'

You'd be surprised.

Read the reviews of that hotel...
There are some mentions of the shadiness of the area, but it seems like most of the negative reviews are about the quality of service from the hotel management and staff. Still disappointing tho.

'Visitors are not going to be as hung up on perceptions of east of 97 St as a no go zone as locals are.'

You'd be surprised.

Read the reviews of that hotel...
The Quarters Hotel does not yet exist to the best of my knowledge, so any reviews of it would not be accurate. I assume you are referring to some other unspecified hotel in the area.

There are some mentions of the shadiness of the area, but it seems like most of the negative reviews are about the quality of service from the hotel management and staff. Still disappointing tho.
Which isn't surprising considering the owner doesn't seem to care that much about the building: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/hyatt-place-hotel-pigeons-inspection-1.4801916

The more time that passes without any official news, the less hopeful I become that this will actually be built. There has been no movement since a pre-application meeting was held in April 2020 and the land hasn't transferred to Alldritt either. I'm very skeptical at this point.
How you feel is irrelevant as this family will dream what they dream, and they will put into action of their dream WHEN THEY ARE READY TO DO SO. IT IS THEIR MONEY OR ASSETS THAT WILL BE USED AS COLLATERAL TO THE BANK NOT YOURS. If I was in their position, I would measure ten times to cut once as well. None of us has any entitlement to information from them, but if we do get tidbits from incognito sources, I'll be glad to partake in some good fun gossip.

In particular, it is a bit concerning they don't have the land yet, which if it is the case is not just gossip, but would be a fact.

That makes me wonder how serious they are, but I won't say too much more at the risk of further upsetting those who seem passionate about this project.

However, obviously the only thing that will reduce speculation based on tidbits, be they fact or gossip, is if something actually happens to move it forward.

How you feel is irrelevant as this family will dream what they dream, and they will put into action of their dream WHEN THEY ARE READY TO DO SO. IT IS THEIR MONEY OR ASSETS THAT WILL BE USED AS COLLATERAL TO THE BANK NOT YOURS. If I was in their position, I would measure ten times to cut once as well. None of us has any entitlement to information from them, but if we do get tidbits from incognito sources, I'll be glad to partake in some good fun gossip.
Why are you yelling at us?

I'm not yelling; the Highlight was for one to focus on. We have selfish desire while they're trying to avoid dire through responsible planning. Like I said, they will have to have collateral if they go to the bank whereas we don't but dream just as big as they do...

I didn't suspect any attitude. but the way it was written was quite narcissistically approached. Who here has 300 million to throw out to satisfy someone's fantasy?

I didn't suspect any attitude. but the way it was written was quite narcissistically approached. Who here has 300 million to throw out to satisfy someone's fantasy?

Dude literally just claimed to be skeptical that the project was gonna go ahead due to lack of news and lack of land transfer. Which are quite valid points.

That is your definition of narcissism?

Dude literally just claimed to be skeptical that the project was gonna go ahead due to lack of news and lack of land transfer. Which are quite valid points.

That is your definition of narcissism?
Yup, was a bit skeptical when the rezoning was approved in April 2017 and am considerably more skeptical now, nearly 8 years later with no movement or official updates. I want to see high-rises built everywhere in Edmonton but this proposal is definitely one of the least likely to happen in my eyes.

Back