The Clifton | 55m | 15s

Mole Hill absolutely counts, but here is one from there and a bunch from areas west of Burrard.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.55.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.55.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.56.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.57.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.57.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 11.58.47 AM.png

Also these recent retentions that are part of developments, which is a great way to facilitate historical preservation when there's significant development pressure. Much better than the Toronto Facadism, and we've shown that we can do it here (Symphony):
1673992517832.png

1673992591000.png

There's also plenty of TH projects outside of downtown that incorporate a historic home into the project:

1673992818707.png

1673992910662.png

Also these recent retentions that are part of developments, which is a great way to facilitate historical preservation when there's significant development pressure. Much better than the Toronto Facadism, and we've shown that we can do it here (Symphony):
View attachment 451124
View attachment 451125

There's also plenty of TH projects outside of downtown that incorporate a historic home into the project:

View attachment 451128
View attachment 451129

The retention of this brick house in conjunction with The Hendrix is another good local example.

Screenshot_20230117-154319_Samsung Internet.jpg

Density > character homes in the core. It's nice if we can incorporate historical stuff when possible, but up is the right play, especially in this space.

As for the blank wall, I'm less offended by them when they look this good (if the end result is as shown).
I don’t know if I would consider this project high density considering the number of units in it.

That said there can be things done to improve that blank wall. It’s needs to be compliments with appropriate lighting, possibly a large mural, and vertical elements to help break it up.

It looks great but it IS rather blank considering the above things would be affordable changes.

Gotta love the guy shovelling snow!

But really, these prices and they can't even afford to give the poor guy a proper snow remover? HAHAHA
The stone work looks nice, especially at the main level, but a few windows in that overwhelming wall would be good too.

A 12 storey blank wall is still a 12 storey blank walk regardless of how nice you try to make it look with lighting and different textures

I find it funny that the marketing for this is clearly trying to sell the massive blank wall as some sort of "feature wall"
I could see it if they were marketing it as privacy given the demo they are going for.

Gated communities or a blank wall in this case are for the affluent. Then again, perhaps they don't want the giant wall to be seen as being a gated community for the wealthy.

I also think it looks good assuming the stone will be as textured as the renders make it out to be.

With the energy requirements constantly changing in the building code, if you are going to have windows on basically the entire side of the building facing the river valley, don't you need to have a large portion of that back side of the building "enclosed"? I am not the expert, but I was under the impression that it will become harder and harder to do new towers with mostly glazing as the code gets closer to net zero.

Back