News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton summer festivals

Taste of Edmonton is ready to begin tomorrow. Here's a shot of Wheels On 100th which is where the food trucks will be lined up..

1658344902579.png

Not expecting it year 1, but they must get the corporate side back into it and have some Downtown events, parties, celebrations... hell, maybe even a parade or equivalent type of event.

Just my observation, and definitely not based on actual numbers, but city attractions and festivals seem to be very popular and well attended this year. Parking lots of the zoo and fort Edmonton are extremely full every day of the week.

That being said, with the tents almost all up for Heritage Days, it got me thinking that this year may be a complete shit show lol. It’s always extremely busy, but with all the pent-up demand to be out and about it will be interesting to see if it can cope. I wonder if they would consider adding a 4th day on the friday for future years, or if it’s already to hard to get the volunteers for the three day long weekend…

Went to the Taste of Edmonton this evening. It was busy but not unbearably busy due to the cloudy weather.

Curry N Hurry - Chicken Vindaloo
Winston's - Fish & Chips
Fantasia - Bison Cannelloni
Hoang Long - Pulled Pork Steamed Bun
Hoang Long - Lemongrass Beef Skewer
Hong Kong Bakery - Jian Bao
Italian Bakery - Tiramisu
Canada Dry Beverage Centre - Canada Dry

The food was good except for the Jian Bao.

Will be back later this week - need to hit up Pampa, 3 Amigos and a few other places.

Day 2 at the Taste of Edmonton was much busier than Sunday, especially during the supper hour.

Japanese Village - Sesame Beef with Rice
3 Amigos - Carnitas Taco Con Arroz
Pi Kante - Tostada de Birria
Pampa - Brisket Cheese Bread Sandwich
Sushi by Tokyo Noodle Shop - Dynamite Roll
La Diavola Pizzeria - Margherita Pizza
Canadian Brewhouse - Triple EH! Steak Bites
Miss Saigon Vietnamese Noodle House - Lemongrass Chicken with Rice
Cheesecake Cafe - Honeycomb Chocolate Cake
Italian Bakery - Tiramisu
Washed down with a can of Sea Change Death Wave

Back