News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton summer festivals

I am always amazed at how late they open and how early they shut, but I get it from a staffing and uncertainty standpoint.

Why don't we have outdoor heated pools again?

Canadian Cycling Championships June 23-27 2022

Watch out for this in a few weeks. There's a chance we will see a few of our pro riders from Euro based teams. A couple racing the Tour De France will not be here but the rest should.

White ave on the Monday 27 should be fun as well. the Crit is like roller derby near the end.

Also if you want to ride the road race course there is the Urban Fondo Sunday

https://www.donorthevents.ca/cycling_elite

Edmonton Urban Fondo (on the Canadian Nationals course)
28km, 56km or 80km
B
https://www.donorthevents.ca/cycling_community-ride

Does anyone have any idea what the hell the mystery event at Commonwealth Stadium on July 26 ACTUALLY is? It's still listed as TBA everywhere I go but cmon... My assumption is that's some sort of FIFA friendly make up date after the Panama and Iran debacles... And a crappy "sorry Edmonton" dud prize for being screwed over by FIFA... If that's the case? Skip it and shove it! Are my two first instincts...

Thank you! I forgot he's on his Truth and Reconciliation World Tour with multiple stops in the Western Rape Belt... That makes sense...

I personally don't feel that that devil should be welcomed into our city, will be a very sad day, JMHO.

• Sad
Reactions: ION
I would be surprised if it's still happening given he's cancelled every other tour due to health issues. If he does come, can expect a few hundred thousand to descend on the city.

That's probably why it's just TBA and left blank... I have a feeling we'll be talking about this again soon... Next year with a new pope and a renewed call for restorative justice... Which like communism or capitalism sounds great... On paper... The reality? Well...

Groat road will be closed most of this weekend for the Canadian Cycling Nationals. The pros and Elite Men and Women go Sunday.

But Monday in Old Strathcona should be fun. The criterium is scheduled. this will be wild. The last time this happened was during the 80s and the old Canadian Tire Series. Looks like quite the field. apparently there are as many as 180 riders registered. If you haven't seen a crit. is fast and exciting. plus a fare amount of carnage.

As for the road race. Victoria Park hill and Groat road down from the U will have riders topping 80kph. Then a fast run down river road and up to and around the ledge then back to Groat again.

Back