Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
IMG_6197.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 10.06.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 10.05.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 10.05.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 10.05.14 AM.png

Looking at these pics makes me smile! I have 100% confidence that subsequent phases will indeed be constructed. Even where the shorter of the 2 cranes sits now…..parkade/basement work looks completed for 2 X future towers in ADDITION to the 39 storey. Qualico is “all in” on this project!

... Qualico is “all in” on this project!
they are and they have been since 1999.

it’s sometimes interesting to think from a city building perspective about how many planners and managers and councillors and mayors with how many plans and overlays and studies have come and gone in that same period of time…

Last edited:
From Ducey on SSP:

BTW the construction workers tell us that the 15 story tower on the Station Lands will be finished up but the back taller tower will not proceed right away. They poured almost a whole floor of just concrete (like 8 ft tall) at about floor four and will leave it. The back crane has been taken down.

From Ducey on SSP:

BTW the construction workers tell us that the 15 story tower on the Station Lands will be finished up but the back taller tower will not proceed right away. They poured almost a whole floor of just concrete (like 8 ft tall) at about floor four and will leave it. The back crane has been taken down.
Glad we're spending tens of millions for a pedway to a 15 story tower with no promise of any further development on the next phases...

From Ducey on SSP:

Sounds right, confirms what many have been saying on this thread already for quite some time.

Makes me slightly concerned about timing of that next building. If they had intentions of moving forward soon they would have done so given the costs of taking the crane down then putting it up again are quite high.

Last edited:
Sounds right, confirms what many have been saying on this thread already for quite some time.

Makes me slightly concerned about timing of that next building. If they had intentions of moving forward soon they would have done so given the costs of taking the crane down then putting it up again are quite high.
Ken did say they have been all in on this project since 1999. Perhaps they will be all in for...

Checks notes...

...another 25-50 years.

From Ducey on SSP:

IMG_2563.jpeg

The crane that you are referring to had nothing to do with the new tower and was not positioned to be of any use for constructing the new tower -- too far away. The information that I have and that was partially confirmed by Ken is that Qualico is proceeding with concept drawings for a tower of increased height (original proposal was for a 25-storey tower; new concept is for 39/40-storeys. It takes time to develop concept drawings that then have to match with construction drawings. The transfer beams that were put in place was the first step in that revised proposal.

Back