Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Seems like you made an ASS U ME.
No need to be a jerk about it, I quite clearly noted there's numerous exceptions to that. I obviously don't work for Qualico and don't know their development strategy. Good day to you sir.

I truly wish them the best with this, but:

1. Do not see this being that impactful for Chinatown. (far more pressing matters)
2. I genuinely wonder who wants to rent there.
3. I really sound like 'Murman'
D. When will the pedway be completed?

I truly wish them the best with this, but:

1. Do not see this being that impactful for Chinatown. (far more pressing matters)
2. I genuinely wonder who wants to rent there.
3. I really sound like 'Murman'
D. When will the pedway be completed?
1. Do not see this being that impactful for Chinatown. (far more pressing matters) The more people living in and around Chinatown, the better. The pedestrian connectoins to 97 and 98 Streets needs to be better to encourage future residents to explore the area though.
2. I genuinely wonder who wants to rent there. People
3. I really sound like 'Murman' Well that's a name I haven't heard in a long time!
D. When will the pedway be completed? Not sure, but considering funding has been approved you'd think it would be built concurrently with development of the site.

Obviously more people living in an area the better (usually), but there are some very serious and overt issues that would push me away from wanting to live there. I cannot see many females wanting to consider this given other (safer) options.

Until we address the foundational issues around this site, I cannot see this development seeing much success from a tenanting standpoint.

I find it interesting that Karen Principe was at the ground-breaker instead of Anne Stevenson. No Randy Boissonnault either.
Why would you expect the MP for Edmonton Centre who is a Cabinet Minister to be at the event? Randy is a very busy guy.

To the direct area, I think this is actually the absolute biggest project to affect the area (maybe Legends and Stantec). Having this massive amount of people living in this area will be huge, as one of the downfalls of the area is how dead it can be after office hours. It absolutely adds to the gentrification of the area, and if successful, should assist in spurring development in the next phase of Ice District. It will generally push the homeless population further North and East, and should allow for some new businesses to be successful in Chinatown.

Probably bad news for surrounding communities, but good news for the direct area.

1. Do not see this being that impactful for Chinatown. (far more pressing matters) The more people living in and around Chinatown, the better. The pedestrian connectoins to 97 and 98 Streets needs to be better to encourage future residents to explore the area though.
2. I genuinely wonder who wants to rent there. People
3. I really sound like 'Murman' Well that's a name I haven't heard in a long time!
D. When will the pedway be completed? Not sure, but considering funding has been approved you'd think it would be built concurrently with development of the site.
Like any area it has its advantages/disadvantages. Proximity to downtown is one of them and with that comes with other issues.

I wouldn't be too negative about this, as adding this residential and further developing this site will likely help improve it over time. I suspect it will appeal initially mostly to those who work nearby or want to take advantage of amenities close by.

The area around it is rough, but I think the internal mews will be the saving grace. It's one thing if your immediate context is just empty lots and run down businesses, but that area will allow for a bit of an urban buffer and hopefully extend the urban fabric of downtown further north, instead of simply building rental towers in a no-mans land that no one will want to live in. I think if The Hat can rent out, so can this.

The area around it is rough, but I think the internal mews will be the saving grace. It's one thing if your immediate context is just empty lots and run down businesses, but that area will allow for a bit of an urban buffer and hopefully extend the urban fabric of downtown further north, instead of simply building rental towers in a no-mans land that no one will want to live in. I think if The Hat can rent out, so can this.
Has the hat rented out though? I thought vacancy was pretty rough over there.

Has the hat rented out though? I thought vacancy was pretty rough over there.
I don't know about vacancy in The Hat, but think an important distinction with The Hat is for Stationlands you don't really have to go through a rough area to get there from the south. It is really adjacent to the commercial business district.

I find it interesting that Karen Principe was at the ground-breaker instead of Anne Stevenson. No Randy Boissonnault either.

That would be a cool move for Anne. Bring forward a motion to kill the funding on a project out of nowhere, have your entire council turn their back on you, and then show up for the photo-op to be the champion of development of downtown!

That would be a cool move for Anne. Bring forward a motion to kill the funding on a project out of nowhere, have your entire council turn their back on you, and then show up for the photo-op to be the champion of development of downtown!

this made me lol

Site activity as of last Wednesday.
F0B93DD1-27CC-48D6-8278-A096D63A20E2.jpeg2808F185-6748-42CA-BBAD-06F2502CDC03.jpeg0C9F4EA8-87FC-4A03-90F0-F514A3567E62.jpeg2808F185-6748-42CA-BBAD-06F2502CDC03.jpeg620E33AF-664C-450F-BC4E-7116773597F3.jpeg5F5A579C-A279-440B-8E06-9A01E1CF5898.jpeg32510FB3-FD00-432F-B5FA-DA12CAC37EB9.jpeg

Back