Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Thanks for sharing this, it's cool to know that the EPCOR Tower is part of this project! I didn't see a timeline provided here, does anyone have an idea of what "moving forward" means in this context? Should we see a DP put forward, or even ground being broken, within the next year or two?

I'm not disputing THIS versus THAT, but you have to admit that there is only so much to go around and so how do we prioritize, distribute and measure the success or ROI on these investments.
don’t you think that was done as part of the ongoing negotiations with all of the potential projects within the crl throughout the last decade or longer right up to council’s approving this one (for the third time i might add)?

no one is suggesting that not take place but once that has been done and approval has been given, all parties should be able to rely on those approvals.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that happened and it doesn't need to all the time for I am also of the belief that we should support those who are wanting to go forward now.

I would agree 100% on that. Predictability and consistency is vital.

3952B20E-AD42-424A-8658-7BC88B154D5E.jpeg

It feels at time like there is a never ending amount of areas that need development. The are north of Rogers Place going east through China town and swinging south through the quarters to the river valley banks. Do need some developments to lead the charge and should support the heck out of their efforts (within reason).

The Stationlands makes good sense as a logical next location to be developed, as it is part of a large undeveloped parcel on the edge of the central downtown area, and the Epcor Tower next to it is already built.

I think if it goes ahead, it could be a catalyst for developing the rest of that block.

It feels at time like there is a never ending amount of areas that need development. The are north of Rogers Place going east through China town and swinging south through the quarters to the river valley banks. Do need some developments to lead the charge and should support the heck out of their efforts (within reason).
I find it both exciting and discouraging. There's just so much potential everywhere and it's exciting to see some real nice developments move ahead, but discouraging when you look at the sea of parking lots and neglected areas and realize how much farther there is to go to make a filled in and well developed city center.

Last edited:
The Stationlands makes good sense as a logical next location to be developed, as it is part of a large undeveloped parcel on the edge of the central downtown area, and the Epcor Tower next to it is already built.

I think if it goes ahead, it could be a catalyst for developing the rest of that block.
Some great local businesses in the area that could use a boost from this development too. Macarons and Goodies, Fuzion Donuts, and Rayyan Restaurant are so good. Would love to see these local places have greater success from increased foot traffic.

I find it both exciting and discourage. There's just so much potential everywhere and it's exciting to see some real nice developments move ahead, but discouraging when you look at the sea of parking lots and neglected areas and realize how much farther there is to go to make a filled in and well developed city center.
By the end of 2100 we'll probably look a lot more contemporary than other Canadian cities that will be filled with old stock buildings by that point.

But by that time, wiith potential of massive population shifting if oceans rise...who knows we might develop a lot faster than everyone anticipates.

Back