Stadium Yards | ?m | 6s | Rohit Communities

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I grabbed a coffee this weekend at Felice after the Run for the Cure. This area has changed so much in the last ten years. It is very nice and the upcoming developments will only add to the area. This is a sleeper location that I don't think we talk enough about. We need more of this exact type of thing around LRT throughout the city.

I grabbed a coffee this weekend at Felice after the Run for the Cure. This area has changed so much in the last ten years. It is very nice and the upcoming developments will only add to the area. This is a sleeper location that I don't think we talk enough about. We need more of this exact type of thing around LRT throughout the city.

This is legitimately the only successful TOD site in the entire city.

The 142 St one west of downtown is coming along quite nicely, even though the LRT there is still early in construction. So I think it will be quite successful too.

I can see things eventually happening at Bonnie Doon and in Millwoods too. Part of the problem is expanding LRT here has been such a slow drawn out process.

I just realized it's been over a month since I posted updates. So far, they have formed the north section of the building and half of the parking lot. Mechanical, such as plumbing and electrical into the ground level slab, are all completed in the north section. They're currently laying another set of rebar down. I suspect they will likely pour it in next week, including the south section of the parkade slab. They have a construction office and yard further northeast that seems to be getting deliveries of pre-fab wood framing right now. A lot of exciting progress!!!

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2846.jpeg

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2844.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

IMG_2920.jpeg

IMG_2921.jpeg

IMG_3060.jpeg

IMG_3061.jpeg

This is so far from true… Century Park continues to move forward, Holyrood Continues forward. Its far from the ONLY.
I'm a big fan of the development at Century Park but it's still mostly parking lots. And in Holyrood it's just the one tower with no news on subsequent phases (I would be very happy to be proven wrong on this). The other sites do have potential, but Stadium is the only one that's actually getting built out to a very substantial level.

I'm a big fan of the development at Century Park but it's still mostly parking lots. And in Holyrood it's just the one tower with no news on subsequent phases (I would be very happy to be proven wrong on this). The other sites do have potential, but Stadium is the only one that's actually getting built out to a very substantial level.
… That is still an insane statement.

Century Park has two very large and successful commercial areas and 8-9 residential buildings with.. near 40% site coverage.

Rhohit has land for what… 4 buildings and have built 2….

Further more the stadium project was elevated by density surrounding it that makes the commercial spaces viable.

The Fort Road TOD has failed to move forward, everything compared to that is a raging success.

Last edited:

@MacLac posted this one in a separate thread but it has me wondering if Rohit would ever look at a nearby parcel on Jasper Ave to keep the momentum of this area going.

Noticed that Mainstreet owns two dumpy old lowrises right next to River Ridge on Jasper ave (the red square)... I'd love to see Rohit acquire and build something vertical on that site, and if the stars ever aligned, also acquire the Highlands House site and build a commercial space in the blue square area, and perhaps turn the green triangular area into a green space (patio?) to connect the highrise to the rest of Stadium Yards.

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 5.36.53 PM.png

Back