What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Reference ID: Job No 363276246-002
Description: Demolition
Plan 0821851 Blk 9 Lot 58A
Applicant: PROCURA REAL ESTATE SERVICES LIMITED
Create Date: 5/26/2020 1:44:35 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Procura plans to develop The Stables at Mayfair in the future. Schluessel said the company is seeking a tenant before proceeding with the property.

I do worry about the amount of demos that seem to be happening in the last year. With the uncertain economy, there's a very real possibility that they end up empty lots again for the next twenty years, as we're all too accustomed to. Not that these are great buildings, but they're certainly better than an empty lot.

I do worry about the amount of demos that seem to be happening in the last year. With the uncertain economy, there's a very real possibility that they end up empty lots again for the next twenty years, as we're all too accustomed to. Not that these are great buildings, but they're certainly better than an empty lot.

Prime example that frustrates me everyday as I walk by is the decrepit BMO site. I'm disgusted at how they were allowed to leave that site in the state that it is, I understand they were rushed but still. How were they not forced to finish the clean up. It's horrendous. I'm a NIMBY for not finishing your demos.

Procura doesn't seem to sit too long on their sites though. I mean, Century Park is a big area of land so that one will take a while. But they don't seem to sit and wait around.

Now, Regency is leaving me with less and less faith in them. They are sitting and waiting on two lots of that are eyesores right now (BMO & Emerald).

Prime example that frustrates me everyday as I walk by is the decrepit BMO site. I'm disgusted at how they were allowed to leave that site in the state that it is, I understand they were rushed but still. How were they not forced to finish the clean up. It's horrendous. I'm a NIMBY for not finishing your demos.

Both the BMO site and Emerald Tower site, which both are coincidentally owned by Regency, are in a horrendous state and it very much drives me nuts to see that. The Emerald Tower site especially is disgusting. The very least they can do is wrap the fencing in something non-transparent so we don't have to look at that mess.

Last edited:
Yup, there's also few demos happening in residential neighbourhoods that worry me (quite a few around the University), but those two are problably the ones that got me to start worrying about this, as they're definitely prominent location that I would hate to see as empty lots for the next decade.

Yup, there's also few demos happening in residential neighbourhoods that worry me (quite a few around the University), but those two are problably the ones that got me to start worrying about this, as they're definitely prominent location that I would hate to see as empty lots for the next decade.

I noticed when I was biking Saturday that the Knox Metropolitan site on 109 St. and 83 Ave is still a massive hole. Quite a loss to have no activity as of yet given that demolition happened a while ago.

They have this sign on site.
1599054719127.jpeg

Procura doesn't seem to sit too long on their sites though. I mean, Century Park is a big area of land so that one will take a while. But they don't seem to sit and wait around.
????

do you have any idea how many years procura has owned this site? or the paramount site? or jasper and 100th?

while george deserves full credit for intact and mayfair and wsp and even century park etc., speed is not typically a hallmark. :)

Back