South Edmonton Hospital & Health Campus | ?m | ?s | Province of Alberta

The Premier spoke about how municipal councils need not get out of their lane and not bring political party slates into their work, which to me was a direct finger pointing at Edmonton and so I deduce that their appetite for funding projects in Edmonton will be delayed and tied to strategic points in the election cycle versus when they rationally should be allocated.

I guess my point is that they want transparency and at the moment the premier is upset with a lack thereof and so if municipalities want to be political entities, than have a slate, but not to pretend as if they are not and then are.

Either way, it's clear that her government continues to 'punish' Edmonton for various political stances and positions.

I guess my point is that they want transparency and at the moment the premier is upset with a lack thereof and so if municipalities want to be political entities, than have a slate, but not to pretend as if they are not and then are.

Either way, it's clear that her government continues to 'punish' Edmonton for various political stances and positions.
Well Marlaina isn't making the UCP's chances any better of winning seats here based on her latest decisions and statements. Her, and the UCP, are terrible governors, full stop.

As far as I know, the main ones advocating for municipal political party slates so far has been the UCP.
Yep.

They want absolute fealty, not transparency. They want cities to kowtow to their regressive agenda or they'll get the hose again.

The Premier spoke about how municipal councils need not get out of their lane and not bring political party slates into their work, which to me was a direct finger pointing at Edmonton and so I deduce that their appetite for funding projects in Edmonton will be delayed and tied to strategic points in the election cycle versus when they rationally should be allocated.

First of all, cities are inherently political, and if its felt that provincial matters are impacting cities, they should be able to speak about it. Second, the premiere is the one continually bringing politics to the cities, who are reacting to that. She expects to be able to encroach on areas that are typically left to cities, or do things that have huge impacts on city residents, and have them sit their and take it. Most recent of which is trying to bring parties to municipal politics:

And even if they were being hyper political, it still doesn't excuse denying a region a hospital for retribution. That's all sorts of fucked up

In Ian's mind it seems if Edmonton wanted good healthcare they should have voted for the party that's led by a conspiracy-theory-touting lobbyist openly trying to dismantle our healthcare system & sell it off to the highest bidder.

But hey, at least we got 2/3 of a War Room worth of money to funnel to consultants to conduct studies about the other hospital that'll never get built here but just like their regressive anti-trans legislation it can be wrapped up in a "it's for the children" ribbon to further cement their hold over their ignorant, illiberal, regressive base.

In Ian's mind it seems if Edmonton wanted good healthcare they should have voted for the party that's led by a conspiracy-theory-touting lobbyist openly trying to dismantle our healthcare system & sell it off to the highest bidder.

But hey, at least we got 2/3 of a War Room worth of money to funnel to consultants to conduct studies about the other hospital that'll never get built here but just like their regressive anti-trans legislation it can be wrapped up in a "it's for the children" ribbon to further cement their hold over their ignorant, illiberal, regressive base.

It's not 'in my mind', it's the politics of the day and very unfortunate.

Those kinds of decisions SHOULD NOT be political in nature and based on need and data.

This provincial government is pathetic. So many examples. And I just don't see how the city can't call it out when they see it - and if or when they do, they get labeled being political. And if they say nothing, that's the answer?

Calgary gets money for their arena demolition and ours is still standing, but no money for it is just blatant favoritism for one city and disregard for the other. It's not like we tore it down and are asking for funds retroactively. Just one example.

Honestly those that voted for the UCP last election should really give their heads a shake; like what were you thinking?
I honestly cannot believe how powerful the "vote blue no matter what" group is. They are trying to push through so many unpopular policies, and failing to address any of the actual problems affecting Albertans right now.

UCP Priorities:
- Making life more difficult for Trans people
- Blatantly overreaching into the economy to stop renewable development, knee capping economic diversification and job creation
- Decimating public health care
- Blatantly overreaching into municipal boundaries
- Intentionally trying to kill all development and progress in the provincial capital because they didn't vote for them

Things the UCP has no interest in addressing:
- Affordability
- Housing
- Mental Health and Addiction
- Homelessness
aka: literally every policy issue anybody cares about right now

If they win the next election, I will move, straight up. They're driving this province into the ground head first and bringing everyone with them.

It's not 'in my mind', it's the politics of the day and very unfortunate.

Those kinds of decisions SHOULD NOT be political in nature and based on need and data.

I remember when you were all for the UCP cancelling healthcare projects we desperately needed because they supported your political/personal goals of keeping people working Downtown over everything else. Why is the South Hospital any different than the Super Lab?

Back