7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Real Estate Market

For comparison
Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 10.35.10 AM.png

Good to see our market isn't over inflated like Calgary's...yet. I feel that will change next year, especially once interest rates start ticking down. There is a marked drop in Downtown sales in Calgary, quite a bit actually between Q2 and Q3.

....which the City is going to apparently use for general revenue (pay retroactively for the zoning renewal), my guess is to lower tax increase this year. 🤦‍♂️

@Avenuer posted we would be getting $175M federal housing grant. Feds were announcing grants every second day there for a while.

I think Nov. 30 was mentioned for the announcement date here. I don't think it happened?

Any idea when that is coming?

It might well be aligned with some other program and a combined announcement since Edmonton is one bright spot for Western Canadian initiatives for the Liberal government.

This would be another positive move on housing by the federaL government expected to be announced tomorrow - as long as it's multi unit housing as option, too. Or just seeing smaller lots created with smaller houses like we see in McCauley for example - lots of half lots there..

Last edited:
Interesting choice of cover photo for this Oliver condo listing.

Is that showing residential vacancy downtown? 11.8% seems awfully high.
Yeah and this is in contrast to what the CoE had with that residential/office conversion grant report along with that one snippet from Urban Affairs stating that the double digit vacancy went down to 5%.

Like genuinely are we missing something here? Because from some anecdotal experience, finding a rental in the core is starting to be a bit more difficult in comparison to last year.

Back