Prairie Sky Gondola | 76.2m | ?s | Prairie Sky | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Some heavy hitters on that board now. Nice to see Indigenous inclusion onto it as well.

New Directors Supporting Prairie Sky Gondola's Development Phase

A couple of weeks ago our shareholders unanimously re-elected two of our long-standing Directors and elected three new Directors during its Annual General Meeting.

This is an important milestone for Prairie Sky Gondola as it heralds an important step into our company's development.

Moving from the StartUp to the ScaleUp phase is a significant stage of growth, and one that can bring the most challenges. It became clear we needed to expand our team to match the pace of our growth, especially to meet the demands of our capital raise, ensure strong fiduciary oversight, risk management and strategic goal-setting objectives.

When looking for new board directors, we looked for individuals who could complement each other while providing a wide breath of experience, such as but not limited to:
  • Governance
  • Equity & Diversity
  • Transportation & Engineering
  • Experiential & Tourism
  • Major project development
  • Zoning & Development
  • Heavy construction
  • Capital formation

True to its culture, Prairie Sky Gondola also looked for individuals committed to Edmonton and Alberta. The project is a city building initiative, and as such, our core team whether it be management or our board, are united philosophically. We all want our community to be a place where people invest their future.

We are proud to introduce you to our board Members:

NASEEM BASHIR, ANDREA WHEATON, CAMERON ALEXIS, JOEY COMEAU, IAN GUNN
"Startup to scaleup" is an odd phrase to use when you haven't actually built anything to scale up yet haha.

EllisDon
114,193 followers
2h • 2 hours ago
Following
EllisDon Capital has done it again! The team secured a Development Management engagement with Prairie Sky Gondola Inc. to fulfill the President role through the development of the project to operations.

Jeffrey Hansen-Carlson, Director at EllisDon Capital, will lead Prairie Sky Gondola to fruition! Our very own Joey Comeau, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, EllisDon Capital, will also have a hand in Prairie Sky as he takes a seat on the project’s board.

Edmonton’s Prairie Sky Gondola involves the development of five urban gondola stations over the North Saskatchewan River that connect to Downtown Edmonton. Slated to be up and running in 2025, it will serve the needs of urban commuters, river valley users, and tourists.

I know it's super early days, but does anyone have any thoughts on how the National Park designation might affect this project?
If anything, it can help money flow into the project, especially because it opens some doors from government related funding agencies such as BDC even wider.

I know it's super early days, but does anyone have any thoughts on how the National Park designation might affect this project?

The Urban Park consulting, dialogue and what-not will take a few years. By that time, we will have the gondola operational and projects such as Touch The Water and Rossdale revitalization completed.

Interesting how history repeats itself... From January 1967:
Edmonton_Journal_Thu__Jan_19__1967_.jpg

I'm guessing that the old Gondola was probably being proposed for Canada '67. This probably could have had some traction, given the Zoo, Hawrelak Park and the future site of Fort Edmonton.

Edmonton's population was perhaps 350,000 in the mid1960's, compared to about 1.1 million now. There are more transportation links at each end of the new gondola.

Last edited:
The new chatter this morning prompted me to go back to the website, and I hadn't noticed this statement on their website before:

This year are continuing to work on the lease agreement, rezoning application, and defining mutually beneficial integration with ETS. We will start the geotechnical and environmental assessments, design, as well as public & indigenous engagement in the Spring.
Personally, I don't see the gondola being a major tourist draw (not in Edmonton and not in Red Deer), but if it can be properly integrated with transit, maybe it's a viable project that replaces a new LRT bridge across the river and gives people a way to commute through the valley without adding to congestion. I'm warming up to the idea.

ETS integration is a must for this to be viable and palatable for many.

When Prairie Sky did a previous survey it asked people if they would be willing to pay for a $50 annual membership to use it (Edmonton residents), didn't they?

At $50 a year, would that even need to be incorporated into ETS for the annual pass holder? I would not expect to buy an annual gondola pass and have access to ETS for that rate.

Now for someone using it one time and paying perhaps $8 or more, I could see them wanting to use ETS as part of that fee and not have to pay another fee in addition if ETS was required beyond the area covered with the Gondola.

But an ETS monthly pass holder may be willing to spend an extra $50 per year ($4 per month) for the added convenience and benefit of this service. And if not, someone could continue to commute how they did previously before the Gondola perhaps?

Back